10 | Deal

"Joy!" you screeched in a shrill voice. You ran over to Joy to hug her in a tight hug. "You're coming on the trip, right?"

"Yes!" she exclaimed. 

"OMG, same!" you squealed once again and Joy widened her eyes at you, baffled.

And there you both went again. Squealing, jumping around, screaming around all you'd wanted to in the past two weeks. However, no one around minded your behavior since they were busy doing their own thing, and it was freer than what you two were doing so they had no right to shame you either.

"We have the same class, don't we?" Joy suddenly asked. 

"Which class do you have?" you asked her.

"Maths," she replied.

"Oh, yes. We have the same class."

"Do you want to study?" she asked with a raised brow.

"No, who said?" you smiled, knowing where this would lead, but your smile suddenly vanished. "Wait, I have to study. I've been absent for the last two weeks and I've missed out on a lot," you pouted. 

"Gosh, alright. You studious nerd," Joy remarked while rolling her eyes.

"Oh, well... thanks for accepting that I'm smart," you cheekily replied. Joy clicked her tongue and sighed.

"Let's go."

When you reached your class, you saw Jungkook and his friend already sitting there and chatting. His gaze averted towards the gate when you both entered which you didn't fail to notice. But when he flashed a smile towards you, your eyes widened and your heart started throbbing.

"Oh, is that the girl you were talking about?" Jimin said, way too louder than he should've. Jungkook's cheeks turned red out of embarrassment. "Wait, isn't that the girl from the cafeteria–"

Jungkook punched his back and Jimin groaned.

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"For behaving like a jerk," Jungkook muttered to him.

"But I never did anything!"

"Just shut up and... and at least don't talk about her when she's sitting right here," Jungkook whispered.

"Oh~ Now I understand–"

"Ouch, I hurt my knee. I hurt my knee!" Jungkook groaned loudly cutting off Jimin midst his talks.

"So? Are you a kid?" Jimin said and Jungkook smirked.

"You won't relate to me since you're so short. Never mind," Jungkook shrugged his shoulders teasingly.

"Jungkook, I'm not up for that stuff," Jimin rolled his eyes. "Anyways, are you coming to the school trip? You know what, this is the first time we're having a school trip in three years, and the last time it was super fun. Imagine how fun it'll be," Jimin blabbered like an average advertisement. 

"I don't think I'll come," Jungkook replied.

"What for? Your parents aren't agreeing?"

"No, that's not the thing. I just don't understand what's the hype about Jeju, and it is unnecessarily expensive."

"Hype about Jeju? You'll only get that once you go there, right?"

While Jimin tried to persuade Jungkook to come to the school trip to Jeju, Jungkook kept denying it until finally, right before the teacher entered, Jungkook nodded and let out a sigh. 

"Alright then. I'll talk to Mom and Dad."

| time skip / lunch-time, cafeteria.

"What are we? Five?" Y/n said as she shot a glare towards Joy who had a cocky little smirk spread across her lips. 

"No, and that's why this dare," her smirk grew wider making Y/n roll her eyes.

"There's no way I'm doing that," you retorted once again.

"But you don't have an option!" Joy argued.

"But I don't even like him!" you argued back.

"That's the key! Did you still not get it?!"

"All right, all right. I'll do it on the trip. That'll make it extra romantic, right?" you emphasized the words so as to make her believe.

"You aren't taking me easy, are you? I'm not going to forget it and just in case I do, I'm going to put a reminder on my phone."

"Okay. Deal?"

"Deal."

_____________________________________________

edited: 26-09-23