"Because she's a blabber mouth and would tell our secrets to everyone at school. If she knew that we took walks like this every night, our lives would be a living hell at school. She irks me," Raelin replies bitterly. She seems fiesty and assertive. My kind of girl.

But, since they take walks every night, all I have to do is somehow come here every night and I'd get to see her. I would have to come up with excuse, though, you know, so my brothers don't suspect anything.

**the next night**

"Guys, I think we should split up and head seperete ways. That way, we can cover more of the city," I explain and Leo looks at me curiously.

"That is actually a good idea, Raph," he states with a look of confusion.

"I call this way!" I shout and begin running in the direction of the roof I was on yesterday. I sit down and stare at the sidewalk below me. Carrie, Raelin, and Haidley walk by again. 

"Thank the heavens you broke up with Tyler. He isn't exactly boyfriend material for you considering you're the most popular girl in school," Haidley states and Raelin laughs.

"I'm not the most popular," she responds as her friends give her seriously? looks. "Fine. Maybe I am."

"Every guy wants to date you and every girl wants to be you," Carrie points out. "And, yet, you are only mean to people who insult you. A few anger issues."

"You know I go to anger management!" Raelin snaps bitterly.

"Our point exactly," Haidley adds.

"Well, whatever, it's not my fault. Everyone just makes me so angry with their stupidity!" the blondie who gets my heart rate up shouts and I can relate. She is exactly like me in human girl form. 

My T-Phone begins to ring and I dive to the other end of the building knowing Raelin, Carrie, and Haidley heard the noise.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Raph! It's Donnie. There are Purple Dragons robbing a store. Come on!" he shouts and I nod.

"Ok, Donnie, be right there," I reply and hang up the phone.

I sneak over to the edge of the roof and sneak a quick peek at Raelin before I go. 

I head across the rooftops and find Donnie and Mikey on a rooftop. I head over to them the same time Leo does.

"Hey, guys," Leo greets and we stare at him.

"Let's go beat up those punks!" I shout and try to leap from my roof to the other roof, but Leo holds me back.

"Hold on, Raph. We have to think this through," he states and I roll my eyes as he begins to explain our plan.

I head down and attack the first Purple Dragon. There are four of them so each of us got one to beat. We end up stopping the robbery. We hear sirens of police men and scamper as quickly as we can so no one can see us. We head back to the lair.

I begin training on a dummy trying to get Raelin out of my head. Oh my god, she's freaking great and I don't even know why. All I know is that I think I like like her. But, how do I get her to notice me without noticing me? That makes no sense, does it?

***a few days later***

I've been doing the same thing every evening. I just sit and watch Raelin, Carrie, and Haidley walk by. I've learned a lot about these three girls, besides that they are the popular girls at their school.

Haidley has short dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She also has braces, but that doesn't subtract from her popularity at all. She's clever and smart, and she knows what's going on around school and always gives the other two girls first hand knowledge.

Carrie has bright red curly hair that she wears in a ponytail and dark green eyes. She's the one who dates all the boys. She's literally with a new guy every night. It's weird, really.

And then there is Raelin. She's smart and aggressive at times. She doesn't hold back when someone is being stupid. She plays field hockey, basketball, and soccer so she's fit and athletic. Everything I look for in a girl.

You know, love never crossed my mind, not once, until she entered my life.

I notice Carrie and Haidley walking away from Raelin looking somewhat offended talking with distant voices. I notice Raelin stopping right under where I am standing.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" she asks cautiously. I take a few steps back so she doesn't spot me.

*Raelin's POV*

As I begin walking by the pizza store with Haidley and Carrie, I feel like someone is watching me. Again. Every single time we walk by here, I sense someone above us sitting and watching our every move.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. And, I can tell Carrie and Haidley sense something wrong with me.

"Raelin? You've been acting weird lately and it only occurs when we walk by this store," Carrie finally points out after a couple weeks of the same thing.

The one night I heard a cell phone ring, so there has to be someone above us. Someone or something.

"Nothing. Everything is all right. Although, how about on these walks, I go alone from now on, ok?" I respond. "Starting now. You guys should go home and work on homework or something."

"Um, ok, but Raelin, feel better," Carrie states and I have to hold back a laugh while Carrie and Haidley walk away. I know what they're talking about. They're probably saying something bad about me, but I'll get them back later for that. Right now, I know someone is here. I just know.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" I ask looking all around me. Nothing. 

I sit down in front of the pizza store and just begin thinking about everything. Someone is watching me. I just know.

"Oh, look, a pretty little girl. All alone," I hear someone state and my head jerks towards the sound coming from my left. I see a Purple Dragon come out of the shadows with five Purple Dragon friends.

"Leave me alone," I warn standing up and getting ready to fight. "I will rip you to pieces."

"Ha! I'd love to see you try," another one spats and I can't take it. These people weren't watching me. There is someone else. I can feel it. That someone else is watching this right now. I just know.

*Third Person POV*  

Raph is sitting on the roof, watching in shock Raelin fighting off some Purple Dragons. He's frozen stiff and for the first time ever, he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to go into this battle. He's scared he might end up hurting Raelin.

But, she seems to be doing just fine. Her fighting skills weren't great, but they were something. She has defeated 3 of the 5 Purple Dragons, but one of them kicks her back sending her face first into the concrete. She's hurt and that's when Raph finally springs into action.

He knocks one of them off their feet and knocking them out. The last Purple Dragon recognized him, and ran away knowing he's an excellent fighter. 

Raelin looks up from the ground and makes eye contact with Raph's bright green eyes with her electric blue eyes. She's scared and confused. 

"Uh..bye," Raph stutters and heads back to the rooftops nervously. He knows she's judging him and doesn't like what she sees. 

Did you see her face?? Raph asks himself over and over again. He knows that Raelin doesn't like him.

But, that isn't what Raelin is feeling at all. She's confused because there was something about that thing that saved her. A turtle maybe? She felt something tug at her heart when she laid eyes on the mutant. She felt something she hasn't felt in a long time. 

Love.