33. Confliction

"Master?"

"Hmmm?"

"Can we go home now?" I ask James, tossing the book I just finished onto the coffee table from my place on the sofa in his office.

James sighs and stops typing. "Soon, Erin. I'm almost done," he replies, trying not to let his irritation show. I know he's not irritated with me, but I still cringe.

"We've been here for six hours," I protest, dropping my head back on the armrest. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have come to the office with him today.

For the past month, I've come to work with him almost every time he comes in, to keep him company or help him with paperwork. Among other things. Usually, James only spends a few hours working. Never more than three or four.

"I know, and I promise we'll leave as soon as I finish this," he says half-heartedly as he continues to type.

"What are you doing anyways?" I ask curiously, staring up at the lights set into the ceiling until spots of neon yellow and blue dot my vision. I close my eyes, the psychedelic light show still dancing behind my eye lids.

"Putting out fires," James replies, his words short as he slams down on the space bar, making me jump.

"The government got its panties in a bunch again?" I confirm lazily.

James snorts. "The government always has its panties in a bunch, so yes," he replies.

"Doesn't Persona Industries have a whole department for putting out fires, or something?" I ask him. Every company has a department for that.

"Yes, well, the shit I'm dealing with isn't public knowledge, so only certain people can be trusted to deal with it," he replies, and it sounds like he's getting tired of answering all my questions.

"How often does the government come crawling to the enchanted Harrington family, begging for you to fix all their problems?" I ask him, opening my eyes and meeting his gaze across the room.

James laughs. "Always, Erin. They always come crawling to us," he replies.

"Pathetic," I retort, making James laugh harder. "Our government is so fucking pathetic."

After he's stopped laughing he narrows his eyes at me. "Careful, slave. I'm pretty sure that could be classified as an act of rebellion," he teases.

I roll my eyes. "And like you're going to report me?" I ask skeptically.

"I might," he replies, pretending to weigh the idea in his mind before giving me his signature sinister smirk, "if you don't get over here and get on your knees."

"Yes, Master." I get up from the sofa, dropping to my knees in front of him. James tangles his fingers in my hair as I suck his cock, drawing ragged breaths from his lips.

He tosses his head back. "Fuck. Erin." He breathes, his words dripping with a mixture of lust and affection. He has completely forgotten about his work and all his attention has shifted to me. I don't mind one bit.

After a few minutes, I feel James' cock begin to throb as he spills his cum in my mouth. I swallow like always.

He gives me that same shaky smile that he always gives me after I've sucked him off, running his fingers through my hair.

"That's my good girl," he praises, sending heat rushing through my core. I live for those words.

After he's recovered, James narrows his gaze at me. "You know, I think it might be illegal for a person to be as good at that as you are," he tells me thoughtfully.