14.

Daire's Pov

I woke up and rub my eyes. I look over beside me and see Willow still asleep. I couldn't' help but smile. I didn't let people see me in my most vulnerable moment. Yet she did. I didn't really let anyone know about my abuse, but I really like Willow so she should know why she can never meet my family that isn't my sisters.

I get out of bed and stretch my arms over my head. 

I walk to the kitchen and see Mr.Aburn in nothing but his sweatpants and drinking some coffee out of 'The Best Dad' in the world mug.

"Good morning," I said making him turn around abruptly to me. 

"Daire, why are you here?" He asked setting his mug down. I shrug. "I didn't want to go home," I said. He nods his head and drinks his coffee. "It's fine as long as my daughter is still a virgin." He said. 

I nod and walk over to the cabinets and grab a bowl. "Don't worry, I would never have sex with her until she's ready," I said grabbing the fruitloops from the counter. I pour myself some cereal and place the bowl on the table. I walk to get some milk and pour it into the bowl.

"You didn't even ask dude," He chuckles to himself. 

We sit and chat for a bit and laugh together. This is what imagined having a dad would be like. My mom's boyfriend, Alfred wasn't as bad as my mom or his sons but he wasn't any better. I never had comfortable conversations with him like I was with Graham. 

And yes he told me to call him Graham instead of Mr.Aburn.

We hear a groan from the couch. I look over to see Willow's uncle waking up. He groans and mumbles something under his breath.

"Good morning, Steph," Graham said taking a sip from his mug. "Morning," He mumbles. He stands up and walks over to us. "Hello, boy," He addresses me. I nod at him. "Graham do you have any aspirin or shit?" He asked. Graham chuckles and nods his head. "In the bathroom and don't wake my kids." He said glaring at his younger brother that looked way older than him.

"Ugh I feel bad for that boy," Graham said running his hand over his face. "This would be his second divorce and he's an addict. I try to help him as much as I can since I really don't him to turn out like our father. But it's hard you know. Sometimes I just want to strangle him, but I love the guy." 

I look around the house and frown. "You don't have any pictures of your wife in here. Isn't she dead?" I asked. 

Graham sighs. "I don't like to speak about that hooligan." He said. I frown. "My daughter thinks she died in a car accident when she was 7 that's why she's scared of highways, she thinks the highway killed her mother and I wanna keep it that way." 

He doesn't say anything about it further and changes the subject.

After I finished my cereal I head back to Willow's room. I open her door and see she was still asleep. I walk over to her bed and sit down. I look down at her hand and see the ring I gave her. I look down at my hand and see the newest ring to my collection. She was so thoughtful. 

I look and at her fish tank, the glowed with colorful lights. 

"Willow?" Someone said knocking on her door. Carter pops his head in and his eyes widen. "Oh hey Daire," He said. I look at him with a questioning look. "I normally come make sure Willy is up at this time," He said. I nod and look over to a sleeping Willow.

Carter smiles at me before speaking again, "I'll leave you two," He said shutting the door. 

I walk over to the large tank and take some of the fish food and pour it inside the tank. I watch as the fish swarm to get the food. I tap on the tank and smile as the fish swims away.