13.

After a 20 minute drive, Daire stops the car in front of a fast-food restaurant. I've actually never heard of the restaurant before but might have seen it whenever I went into town.

"This place had first opened when I was 6 and my mom's boyfriend took me and my half-siblings and I love it ever since. I even know the owner." He turns the car off and looks at me with excitement in his eyes. "You must be pretty special since I took you to my most favorite place."

I bite my lip and look over at the restaurant. 

"It's pretty for an old place," I shyly smile. 

"I know," He opens the door and hops out. I was used to the men in my life opening the door for me so I sat and waited and Daire reached my expectations. He opens the door and grins down at me. I smile out at him but quickly pouts when I look down at far I had to jump. Daire notices this and grabs my armpits and lifts me down. "Thank you," I said stepping away from him.

As we walk Daire places his arm over my shoulder. I lean into his touch with a slight blush on my face.  

I look around the restaurant and see a bunch of drunk teenagers and groups of kids yelling at the top of their lungs. 

"This is a place is a hangout spot for a lot of teenagers," Daire said scowling his face in annoyance at the kids. "I normally just come here during the daytime," He said as he opens the door. He highly pushes me in and the smell of greasy food hits me immediately. 

"Should we find a seat or what?" I asked as I bite my lip. 

He shakes his head and grabs my arm and takes me to the counter. 

A teen girl with pink hair that was pulled into a messy bun stood at the counter on her phone chewing her gum real hard. She looks up at us and smirks. "Hey Daire," She said fixing the tie on her shirt that showed her belly button piercing. "I don't normally see you here this late," She plays with the pink gum in her mouth.

"Hey, Eliza," He said in a monotone voice. He glances at the menu than at me. "Order what you want, Bud," He said playing with the end of my hair. I smile and look at the menu. The hamburger with everything on it sounded good with some curly fries and a milkshake. Just thinking about it made my mouth water. "Um the number 4 combo and a milkshake," I said biting my lip. 

Daire nods. "And my usual," Daire said turning away from the girl. 

"Okay, your order will be there soon," She said frowning at her choice of words. 

I speedwalk to keep up with Daire. He sits in a booth and I sit across from him with a smile. I tuck some strings of hair behind my ear. "Um-I don't really know what to talk about," I said biting hard on my lip.

Daire smirks at me. "How about my plans for us tonight," He said leaning closer to me. I nod and play with my skirt. "After this, I was planning on going to a drive-in cinema their hosting at the mall. Then we can go to the park and just hang out. And stop by the convenience store and then head back to your place." He smiles.

I smile. "That sounds fun," I said. 

"Here are your drinks," Eliza said as she place the cups in front of us. I smile at her which she ignores and turns to Daire. "I was hoping me and you grab a smoke after this," Eliza said sticking her hands in her back pocket. Daire sighs heavily before looking at Eliza in annoyance. "Eliza, we fucked twice and no more after I heard you spreading rumors about us dating." 

"I-I-I just thought we were," She said. 

Daire rolls his eyes. "Whatever," He said taking a sip from his drink.