11.

"Do I look nice?" I asked Daire who sat on my bed playing with Daisy. 

"You look nice," He mumbles

"You look nice," He mumbles. I frown. "Is there something wrong with it?" I asked. He shakes his head without even looking at me. "I said you look nice." 

I sigh and run my hand through my long hair. "Come on Daire this is my first date and I wanna look nice," I stomp at him. "Can you at least try and act like you care," I begged? He looks at me with dark eyes. "But I don't care." 

I tug on my skirt. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He runs his hand through his hair. "You don't know Louis like I do." He said. "He's known for taking girls on dates, sleeping with them, and acting like they don't exist the next day. He is also friends with Amber and you know they are no good."

"But Louis seems nice," I said shuffling on my feet. 

"That's how Louis works, he's nice one minute then the next he'll make your life a living hell." 

"Don't worry I won't sleep with him, I'm waiting for the right guy," I said brushing my hair with my favorite floral brush. "And maybe I won't even like him and I really just want to go on a date," I said. 

Daire looks at me for a good second. "But does it have to be with him?" He asked with a clenched jaw. "Maybe someone you know," He said. He plays with the sleeve of his hoodie. He looks at me with angry blue eyes. "Don't go out with that idiot," He said.

I look into his eyes which were filled with anger, jealousy, and something else I couldn't put my finger on. 

I bite my lip. "I'm sorry and it's okay if you really don't want me to," I said. 

He looks at me for a second. "Do you really want to go on this date?" He asked me. I nod my head as I bit my lip harder. His eyes follow the action and his fingers twitch a bit. "If I say yes, then would you stop biting your lip and stop looking like that, you look like a lost child." He said playing with his rings. 

I smile and sniffle. "Thank you, Daire," I said walking over to him. I lean down and give him a hug. He tenses for a second before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him. He hugs me for longer than necessary before finally letting go. He sighs before running his hand through his hair. "You don't look just nice you look very pretty, Bud," He said running his hands through my midnight hair. "You have such pretty hair and golden eyes you can get lost in."

I blush and look down. My eyes widen and my face turns even redder when I notice the somewhat intimate position we were in. I was standing in between his legs with my arms wrapped around his shoulders and his hands on my waist. 

"Willy there is a boy standing on the porch asking for you," Carter said from downstairs. 

I smile at Daire who glares at me. His hands tighten on my waist in a death grip. I try and wiggle out of his grip which was an impossible task. "I have to go, Daire," I said biting my lip. He growls at me. "Stop biting your lip, Bud," He said rubbing his hands on my cheeks. He sighs before letting me go. 

I step away from the large boy and smile at him. I turn to the mirror one last time and look at myself one last time. I breathe in. "Okay, I'm ready," I whisper to myself.

I walk to the living room with Daire following behind me. I look at the doorway where Louis stood with his hands in his pockets. "Hi Louis," I said when I was right in front of him. He grins at me. "Hi, Willow, you look amazing." He said looking me over and licking his lips. I blush a little and look back at Carter who had a displeased look on his face.

"Willow Harlow Aburn, you cannot go on a date with this boy," Levi said grabbing onto my arm. I knew he was mad he used my full name which daddy only used when he was angry at us or he didn't want us to do something. And us children had picked up the habit as well whenever we were angry at them or they did something we didn't want them to do. 

I look at Levi confuse and turn to Louis that was red in the face when he saw Levi. "Willow, Levi is your brother?" He asked me. 

I nod. "Yeah my big brother," I said biting my lip and twisting the ring that Daire had given me. I wonder how he couldn't tell. I mean my brother had brown hair instead of black like me, and my eyes were much lighter than his dark brown ones. But other than me and Levi had similar features that were almost identical. Plus we have the same last name and we are the only two people in that school that have the last name Aburn.

Levi glares at Louis. "You can't go out with a man slut," He grunted out through clenched teeth. I gasp and daddy coughs. "Levi, what the hell?" Daddy yells at him. Levi looks at daddy. "I'm telling the truth dad," He said shrugging his shoulder. "He sleeps around with every girl and throw them away like garbage, he's almost as worst as Daire. And plus he's Justina's ex-boyfriend and he was horrible to her. All he ever did was cheat and bring Justina down. Justina was insecure for a long time before I met her. And she's blames Louis for her trauma." 

Daire snorts at the mention of his name. "I wouldn't say I'm that bad, but yeah, If I were you Mr.Aburn I wouldn't let your precious daughter go out with this curly head slut," Daire said taking out his phone and starts scrolling through it.

I suck my teeth and look at daddy. "Daddy tell them to stop," I said crossing my arms over my chest. Daddy looks at me with his blue eyes. "I rather you date Daire," He said. He walks over to me and place his hands on his shoulder. "He seems sketchy baby," He said. I sniffle and wipe my nose that was red with anger. "Fine." 

I throw my purse on the couch and run to my room. I slam my door scaring Cotton that was sleeping in his blue cat bed. I Throw myself on my bed and grab Daisy and hug her tightly. 

This wasn't fair. Daddy always take my brothers side and never mine. 

I hear male voices arguing downstairs before the door slams shut. I hear more male voices arguing before heavy footsteps walking to my room. I hear them speak in low quiet voices. Then someone knocks. I ignore them but they continue to knock. "Willy?" Daddy said. He cracks the door open and pokes his head in. "Baby, can we talk?" He asked me. 

I sniffle and pull my pink blanket over my head. 

Daddy sighs. "Talk to me when you are no longer angry," He said shutting the door. 

I hear them whisper before their heavy footsteps walks away from my pink bedroom door.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was being shaken awake by rough hands. I sit up and wipe the salvia that was on the side of my mouth. I rub my eyes and look at person who had woken me. And surprise-surprise it was Daire. 

I try to glare at him but it only makes him chuckle before pinching my cheeks. "I'm sorry, Bud, but I didn't want you to get hurt by that frat boy," He said. He smooths my black hair out that was wilde from sleep. 

I pout and smack his hands away. 

I bring my knees to my chest not caring I was still in my skirt. "I just wanna go on a date with a boy and maybe find the right person," I bit my lip. 

Daire looks at me in a funny way for a uncomfortable time. "How about-I-How about I take you on a date tomorrow to give you to experiment," Daire said. He look like he didn't care what he was asking me but I can tell he did because the tip of his ears were red.

"Really?" I sniffle. 

Daire rolls his eyes. "Really." 

I smile with happy tears in my eyes and wrap my arms around his shoulder. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. "Thank you, thank you thank you," I said into his ear. "This mean so much to me." He tucks his face in my neck and I could feel him smile smally.

He pulls me away from him and holds my face in his hands. "You welcome, bud."