Chapter 56

Jimmy Bae stared at the trending social media posts of the Union, Eunjang, and Cheongang having a fun beach day together. "Just how many family members does that bitch have!?"

"We already knew she was friends with Ben Park's group and that she was Donald's and Wolf's sister and Forrest's girlfriend," Jack also stared at the posts in shock. "But even Cheongang? They're considered rivals of the Union and rule the area across the Han River,"

"Just who exactly is that girl!?"

XXX

Myles Joo had intended to get information about the Union by approaching Dawn, but now he decided not to after seeing the social media posts. It was one thing to go against Donald Na, but if he messed with Dawn he'd be messing with her entire family.

The Myles Joo of the Dawnverse did not have a death wish.

'If those people are Dawn's family, then by extension are they also Donald's family?' Myles wouldn't take that risk though. He, and the rest of Manwol, would easily be destroyed by them.

XXX

'Ugh, why'd that loser Chad Won call me out here?' Gijoo lit a cigarette as he arrived at the rooftop. "Chad, what the fuck do you want?"

"It's better if you come take a look yourself," Chad pointed down in the streets where a group of kids were. "We need you to teach that purple haired kid a lesson," 

'Isn't that Wolf he's talking about?' Gijoo watched his little brother beat up his three opponents with ease. "Hey Chad, isn't this a little too petty for a guy your age to ask of me?"

"You don't get it," Chad said. "The kids here are running way too wild in Yeongdeungpo. We seriously need you to step in. Come on, as fellow Guro Tech High graduates, we should help each other out,"

"For fuck's sake, Chad," Gijoo threatened. "Want me to rip you apart again like I did back in Guro High?"

'Eek!' Chad remembered how Gijoo had beaten him up in his senior year of high school. He now regretted calling out this monster.

"Eh, Chad, don't be so scared. I'm just playing around," Gijoo smirked. "Besides, I only stayed in Guro High for a year before dropping out so don't give me that graduate bullshit. My dad's making me finish up high school at Ganghak,"

"Ganghak?" Chad asked. "Then do you know that psycho?"

"Know him?" Gijoo chuckled. "He's my little brother,"

"WE ARE NOT BROTHERS!" Wolf shouted from the streets.

"The adoption papers Dad filed says otherwise!" Gijoo called down to him.

"B-Brothers..." Chad trembled and his legs eventually gave in. 'No wonder that purple haired kid is strong! He's Gijoo Seol's younger brother!'

XXX

'Where am I?' Reddish-orange eyes opened and were immediately blinded by bright hospital lights.

"He opened his eyes!"

'What happened?'

"Doctor! Come quick!"

'So noisy...'

"The patient's awake!"

'Awake? How long...have I been asleep?'

His whole body felt heavy and even though he had just woken up, he was extremely tired.

XXX

"Oh Stephen!" Mom Ahn cried loudly. "You're finally awake! My baby boy finally woke up!"

"M-Mom?" Stephen managed to speak, but his throat felt like sandpaper and his voice was hoarse. "What...what happened?"

"A group of bullies threw you off a building's roof," Mom Ahn informed. "You were in a coma for many months,"

Bits and pieces of memories of that tragic day flashed through Stephen's mind and the boy's expression changed to one of horror. "What about Dawn? And Gray?"

"They're okay," Mom Ahn answered. "They're both attending Eunjang now. Actually, their family has grown quite a lot. A lot of people adopted Dawn as their younger sister,"

"She has that effect on people," Stephen chuckled.

Another wave of tears fell from his mother's face. It had been so long since she had last heard Stephen's laughter.

XXX

Dawn, Gray, Donald, and Kingsley stared at their friend, who was finally awake and currently sitting up in his hospital bed. "Hey guys," He waved.

"St..." Gray staggered over to him and gently cupped Stephen's face. 'I'm not imagining things. He's real. He's awake,' "Stephen..." Large tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Hi Gray," Stephen greeted softly.

Gray carefully wrapped his arms around him and hugged him. "Stephen..."

Kingsley nudged Dawn forward. "Go say 'hi' too,"

But Dawn instead took a step backwards.

"Dawn," Stephen addressed her. "It wasn't your fault. It was never your fault,"

Dawn's lips quivered. "But...But Oswald—"

"Why would you believe what that asshole said?" Donald pointed out. "Believe in our words instead,"

Even though Dawn had been attending therapy sessions, part of her still had blamed herself. But the fact that Stephen himself was telling her that it wasn't her fault helped assuage her guilt.

"So," Stephen brought up. "I heard that your family has expanded quite a bit while I was asleep,"

Dawn managed to giggle before telling him about all of her new brothers.

Stephen finally woke up!