Chapter 24

City Representative Oscar Yang had been a powerful person, a person powerful enough to cover up the crimes he and his family committed. He made a lot of enemies and they were happy when he was finally arrested.

On the other hand, the people who benefited from Oscar Yang's evildoings were pissed off when he had been arrested. They were angry and they wanted their revenge. So, they did some digging and found out who was responsible for Oscar Yang's arrest: Orion Na.

XXX

Orion Na was never a heavy sleeper. He was always alert and ready to take action when necessary. Even after adopting Donald and Dawn, he'd only ever fall into a deep slumber when he was exhausted. Having two kids to take care of and protect had only increased his alertness.

When he heard the sound of his front door being opened, he grabbed the knife from under his pillow and the metal baseball bat from under his bed. He waited near his bedroom door and listened carefully to the footsteps. 'It sounds like there are five—no, six people. They're attempting to be as quiet as possible, but they're bloody amateurs and are making too much of a ruckus,'

He noticed the doorknob turning and once someone step foot inside, Orion bashed the metal baseball bat against their head, effectively knocking him out with a single hit. Of course, this drew the attention of the rest of the intruders' attentions.

Orion's lips curled into a bloodthirsty grin and his eyes gained a crazed glaze. "Bring it on motherfuckers!"

XXX

'Those guys were specifically targeting me,' Orion thought as he watched the police arrest the intruders and drive away. 'If they were just robbers, they would've rummaged through my stuff or had brought something to carry valuables. They were only looking for me to attack me,'

"Fucking politicians and their dirty network," Orion muttered. "I'm just surprised that they waited this long to make a move,"

'They hired amateurs. Those idiots weren't even a challenge. They also didn't hesitate to reveal who had hired them,'

'This is only their first attack. I highly doubt it's their last one,'

He wasn't going to tell anyone about the attack. He didn't want his family or friends to worry. It's not like he was hurt or anything. Even if he had been unarmed, he'd have easily dealt with the intruders.

XXX

Orion didn't expect the next attack to be in broad daylight the next morning. He knew that there'd be another attack, but thought it'd be at night again. Attacking during the day was more risky due to more witnesses being around and them being more visible.

He had just been making the baked goods for the day when a brick was thrown through the window followed by a bottle. The bottle had been filled with alcohol and a cloth had been stuffed into the opening and lit on fire. The Molotov cocktail broke against the floor, splashing the flammable liquid everywhere and setting the bakery ablaze.

'Fuck!' Orion cursed as another bottle was thrown, feeding the inferno.

Orion sprinted upstairs. It was a risky move, but he had to grab some things. He made it to his bedroom and grabbed the duffel bag underneath his bed. It was an emergency kit he had prepared in case he or his family had to leave quickly without much time to prepare or pack. The bag contained his, Donald's, and Dawn's documents, some cash, a few bottles of water, a couple cans of food, a first aid kit, a flashlight, batteries, and other stuff. But to him, the most important thing he had in the bag was a copy of their family album.