Chapter 15

"One more year and then we're off to high school!" Stephen cheered.

"And then you'll both leave me behind," Dawn sighed.

"You won't be alone," Gray reminded. "You have Juhee,"

"It still won't be the same!" Dawn whined.

"Hey, if you're like this now, how will you act when Stephen and I go into the military?" Gray ruffled his cousin's hair.

"I'll be all alone!" Dawn dramatically fell backwards into Stephen's arms. 

"Hey, your dad will still be here," Stephen reminded. "And by the time Gray and I enter the military, Donald and Kingsley would have finished their service,"

"You know, I'm really glad Dad and Donald came to school that day six months ago," Dawn smiled. "The entire school year was peaceful. No one messed with us,"

"Donald...was very violent," Stephen recalled. "Was it really necessary for him to beat them up?"

"Sometimes you have to beat bullies up to be left alone," Dawn shrugged, not really bothered by her brother's actions. 

Stephen wanted to change the subject and picked up one of Dawn's books. "So you're learning Korean Sign Language?"

"I've got the basics down," Dawn informed. "It's fun and who knows? I might use it in the future,"

XXX

The peace wasn't going to last long. Oswald Yang wasn't someone who would just sit by and accept his miserable fate. No, he was filled with bitterness and anger. He wanted revenge. He knew that Donald didn't live in Gangnam, so he'd be able to get his revenge when he was away. Who cares if he got beaten up by Donald again? He didn't care! All he wanted was revenge!

XXX

"Did you really make us travel an hour by bus just to go to some bakery?" Gerard asked Jinwoo.

"Hey, Sweet Cosmos is a very popular bakery!" Jinwoo defended. "And besides, it'll be my treat,"

"They have good sachertortes," Hyunjin commented.

"You've tried their sachertortes!?" Jinwoo exclaimed. "I heard they get sold out within the first few hours of the bakery opening! I really want to try some one day,"

The four bandmates entered the bakery. "Hey Hyunjin," Kingsley, who was manning the register, greeted. "The sachertorte just finished cooling down,"

"Two Hyunjin's?" Jinwoo glanced between Kingsley and Hyunjin.

"You idiot, that's my cousin, Kingsley," Hyunjin informed. "He's dating the owner's son. King, where are Orion, Donald, and Dawn anyway?"

"Having a parent-children day," Kingsley set the sachertorte box on the counter. "I offered to run the store while they were gone so I could get work experience. Anything else you guys wanna buy besides the sachertorte?"

The four ordered some baked goods and Jinwoo paid for everything. They sat down at a table and happily ate their purchases. "This is so good!" Jinwoo said as he ate a slice of the sachertorte. "It was worth the hour long bus drive!"

XXX

"It looks like that fucker only visits around once a month," Oswald said to his goons. "He spends that time with Dawn and their dad. That means Stephen and Gray will be vulnerable,"

"What about that guy with glasses?" Joe asked. "Won't he be around them?"

"He's visiting his own family," Oswald answered. "Gray's mom and Stephen's mom aren't around that much since they're busy with work. We'll attack that fucker Stephen at that time. We'll lure him to the roof of a building and beat him up,"

"Why Stephen and not Gray?" Desmond inquired.

"That bitch would probably be knocked out in one hit so it wouldn't be fun tormenting him," Oswald claimed. "Besides, I'm still pissed at that Stephen moron,"

XXX

Stephen sprinted up the stairs. He had received a text from Bryce who had threatened to beat up Gray if he didn't come to the address he sent. If he told Dawn and her family, they'd push Gray off the roof before they could reach him. Stephen threw the door to the roof open. "GRAY!"

"Wow, this fucker really is gullible!" Oswald mocked. "He actually believed that Gray was here!"

"And he came running like a dog," Bryce added. "What, are they in love or something?"

'Gray's not here,' Stephen mentally sighed in relief. 'That's a good thing. I thought he was actually hurt,'

"If you even think of running away," Oswald warned. "We'll go after Gray instead,"

Stephen didn't even have to think about the threat to make his choice. He would rather he himself get hurt instead of Gray. Even if he did run away, they could get to Gray before he was able to get Donald's help. And...part of Stephen didn't want to see Donald acting so violently again.

The four began beating Stephen up. Stephen did his best to endure the hits and didn't fight back. He would rather have all of the focus be on him instead of Gray and Dawn. It's not like Donald and Orion would be around every second of the day to protect them.

Oswald looked over the ledge and grinned when he saw Donald, Dawn, and Orion about to pass by. He grabbed Stephen and held him over the ledge. "HEY DAWN NA!"

Oswald's friends thought that he was going too far. "Oswald, you're not actually going to—"

Once Dawn and her family looked up to see who was calling her name, Oswald dropped Stephen. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"OSWALD WHAT THE FUCK!?"

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?"

"WE WEREN'T TRYING TO ACTUALLY KILL HIM!"

Oswald responded by laughing. "Who the fuck cares? I finally got revenge! If that fucker Stephen dies, then it's a good thing! That bitch Dawn will be traumatized since I told her that it's her fault! I bet this will be even sweeter since that bastard Gray will probably also blame himself! HAHAHAHAHA! I WIN!"

In this story, the Rooftop Incident happened in the first month of Gray and Stephen's final year of middle school.

Gray and Dawn will be pulled out of Byuksan and moved to a different school. Can you guess which middle school they'll attend?
No, Dawn won't be attending an all girls school so it's not Songmin.