Chapter 17

'I know I should try to move on and continue living happily,' Dawn thought as she made her way through the flower field. 'Stephen wouldn't want me to be sad. He'd encourage me to be happy and enjoy life. But I can't. Even though he's alive, it's as if he's dead to the world. He can't speak, see, or hear any of us,'

She knelt down and began picking some flowers. 'While he's in a comatose state, it feels like there's a emptiness in my chest. I've known Stephen for so long that I consider him to be a brother. He's very important and he got hurt because of me. Everyone keeps telling me it's not my fault, but Oswald said the reason he hurt you was because of me,'

'I think Gray is hurting more than me,' The last time she had seen Gray, he looked like a shell of his former self. His eyes had been dull and faded. 'He doesn't leave his room and Aunt Sophia said that he barely eats. Stephen's Mom is also hurting. If only I had been more useful...If only I could've protected Stephen better...'

Dawn searched up a video and attempted to make a flower crown, only to end up failing miserably. She tried two more times before angrily tossing the flowers to the ground. 'I really am useless if I can't do something as simple as making a flower crown!'

"You have to be more gentle and make sure the braids are tight so the crown doesn't come undone,"

Dawn turned around to face the source of the unfamiliar voice. There were two teenagers wearing the Doshin Middle School uniform. They were both tall but one was on the leaner side with long black hair and piercing black eyes while the other was on the buffer side with shorter black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Who are you?" Dawn signed before realizing that they might not understand Korean Sign Language. She was about to reach for her pocket notebook and pen to write her question down.

"I'm Dongha Baek and that's Seongmok Do," Dongha said while also signing it out.

'Huh, so he also knows sign language,' Dawn noted. "What do you want?"

It was Seongmok who replied. "Saw you alone. You looked sad and upset,"

"I'm not a little kid," Dawn was short, even shorter than Gray by a few inches. She was only five feet tall and could sometimes be mistaken as a child. "Why do you care if I'm alone, sad, and upset?"

Seongmok may or may not have perceived her as a helpless little child. In his eyes, Dawn was a little bunny that needed help. Despite his scary exterior and tough personality, he had a soft spot for cute little things. He even had a pet bunny at home. "Do you want help with making flower crowns?"

"I don't need help," She could make them without help and grabbed fresh flowers.

Rather than leaving, they sat down next to her and began picking flowers too.

"Go away," Dawn glared at them.

"You don't own the flower field," Dongha stuck his tongue out at her.

'Annoying,' Dawn once again tried to braid a flower crown and once again she failed. 'Damn it!' She glanced over to Dongha and Seongmok.

Seongmok had easily created a flower crown while Dongha was braiding some flowers into his hair. They didn't care what anyone would think if two tough dudes were making flower crowns and braiding hair. Well, if they insulted them, then Dongha and Seongmok would simply beat them to a pulp.

Seongmok smugly smirked when he saw Dawn watching them. "Need help?"

"Shut up!"

"I'm signing, not talking,"

"Stop signing!"

"You can just stop looking," Seongmok became even more amused by her behavior. "Follow Dongha's advice from earlier. Be more gentle with the flowers and make your braids tighter,"

Dawn did so and this time, her crown stayed intact and she managed to complete one. "Thanks,"

"Want me to braid flowers into your hair too?" Dongha offered as he took a few selfies.

"No, but I want your haircare routine," Dawn was serious. "Tell me your secret to long, beautiful hair,"

"It wouldn't be a secret if I told you," Dongha laughed.

Dawn rolled her eyes and looked at the time. "I need to head home. Goodbye,"

"Bye,"

"Bye!"

The Mokha Duo watched as Dawn left. 

"You're adopting her as a sister, aren't you?" Dongha asked, already knowing his best friend's response.

"Yes,"

"You don't even know her name,"

"She's still going to be our sister,"

"If that's what you want," Dongha shrugged. "She's our sister now. Come on, let's grab some corndogs before we head back to your place to feed these flowers to your bunny. By the way, no one has still beaten Seongjin Cheon yet. Let's wait until a week before graduation to humiliate him,"

XXX

"Welcome back Dawn," Orion greeted. "Cute crown,"

"Took me forever to make,"

"Did anyone trouble you while you were out?" Donald asked.

"Nope," She then headed to her room. 

Dawn:
Hey Juhee, I met some
weird guys at the flower
field today

Juhee:
Did they bother you?

Dawn:
No

Dawn:
They helped me make a
flower crown

Dawn:
And offered to braid
flowers into my hair

Juhee:
You sure I shouldn't be
worried?

Dawn:
They weren't hostile or
anything

Juhee:
Who are these guys?

Dawn:
I forgot their names

Dawn:
One looks buff and
serious
The other one looks
like a hair model

Juhee:
The moment they start
causing trouble, get help

Dawn:
Okay

Dawn's gonna have a lot of people considering her to be a younger sister. Can you guess who else will declare themselves as her older brothers?

Seongmok's Thoughts Throughout This Chapter:
Little bunny. Cute bunny. Must protect bunny. Gonna adopt bunny.