Chapter 32

Dawn couldn't stay angry at her brother forever, no matter how hard she tried to hold onto her anger. She didn't forgive Donald since he hadn't apologized to her friends yet, but she stopped ignoring him which was enough for Donald.

"Which high school did you guys get into?" Jake asked. "Dean, Timmy, Eunchan and I got into Daehyeon High School,"

"Eunjang," Gray answered.

"Eunjang?" Timmy questioned. "Shouldn't your grades be able to get you into better schools like Yeo-Il or Ganghak?"

"I hate elite schools," Dawn held up her notebook with a cold expression.

Those types of high schools were most likely to have people like Oswald Yang, who relied on his parent's status, reputation, and money, to cover up his bad behavior. Even if Eunjang wasn't as great as Yeo-Il or Ganghak, Dawn and Gray's grades would be enough for them to get into good universities.

"Even if we attend different high schools, we'll still be friends and keep in touch," Gray told them.

XXX

Middle school graduation came. After that was vacation. Donald and Kingsley were busy with Union business, shifting from being in charge of middle schools to high schools now. Gray mainly studied, though he did get dragged outside to hang out with Dawn and their other friends from time to time.

Dawn decided to help her father out with his bakery. She helped bake the pastries in the morning. The new Sweet Cosmos bakery offered delivery so Dawn, who had a lot of free time now that it was break, helped with the deliveries. Besides, the walking was good exercise for her.

One day, the bakery got an order for a delivery to an address in Mapo. Dawn decided that she'd deliver it. "Are you sure?" Orion asked. "It's outside of Yeongdeungpo. I can just drive there quickly,"

"It's fine," Dawn signed. "I've never been to Mapo before so I'll also explore a bit while there,"

"I can go with her," Kenny, who had purchased and was now eating a croissant, offered. "I've been to Mapo a bunch of times so I can show her around,"

"At least I know my kid won't get lost," Orion agreed.

XXX

As they entered Mapo, Kenny pointed out some places that they passed by. He pointed out which convenience stores had the best snacks and which restaurants and cafes had great food , drinks, and service. Dawn made a mental list of the places to visit later on.

"So what's the address?" Kenny inquired but his smile dropped when Dawn showed him the address on the delivery receipt. He saw the name of the customer on the receipt and frowned. 'Out of all the people in Mapo, why him? At least I know that these people aren't the type to try to hurt Dawn since she's only delivering the baked goods that they ordered,'

They arrived at the address of an abandoned octagonal building. "Huh? What do you brats want?" The guards who stood outside of the building asked.

"Delivery from Sweet Cosmos bakery," Kenny answered. "For Gijoo Seol,"

"Gijoo did mention that he ordered something and to let him know when it arrives," The two guards shared a look. 'Those two don't even look like threats even if they were to try something,' "Alright, you can go in,"

After climbing so many flights of stairs, they reached the floor that was listed on the order receipt. Dawn knocked on the door.

"That's probably the pastries I ordered," A redhead opened the door. "Are you from Sweet Cosmos?"

Dawn nodded and held the boxes out to him. 'He looks like Hisoka,'

Gijoo hadn't noticed Kenny yet and stared at Dawn. Instead of taking the boxes from her, he picked up Dawn herself and returned inside the room, shutting the door before Kenny could speak up. "Hey Changhui, can we keep her? She can be our little sister!"

"Gijoo, leave the delivery girl alone," Changhui scolded. 

'Huh? Is that Naksung's dad?' Dawn stared at Changhui and then noticed Doyoon and Joowon. 'That guy with glasses looks a lot like Timmy. Is he Timmy's dad? Or maybe they're Naksung and Timmy's big brothers?'

"HEY!" Kenny kicked the door open. "Give my sister back, Gijoo!"

"Huh?" Gijoo turned towards him. "Who the hell are you?"

"Kenny Ji," Joowon recognized the orange haired teen. "Why are you here?"

"I was helping my little sister deliver some pastries that Gijoo ordered when he decided to kidnap her!" Kenny glared at the redhead. "Let her go!"

"Nah, don't wanna," Gijoo refused. "She's my sister now,"

'Why does every single person I meet adopt me immediately?' Dawn sweat-dropped. She managed to hand the boxes of pastries to the nearest person besides Gijoo, Joowon. She took a deep breath before elbowing Gijoo in the side and spinning to kick him in the head.

Gijoo managed to dodge the kick and jumped back. "My new sister's got a fiery spirit!"

"Gijoo, you can't keep her trapped here against her will," Joowon deadpanned. 

"Hey Kenny, is that Naksung's dad?" Dawn signed and then pointed at Changhui.

"No, he's not Naksung Yoon's father," Kenny answered.

"Is that guy related to Timmy?" Dawn pointed to Doyoon.

"As shocking as it sounds, despite their similar appearances, he's not related to Timmy," Kenny shook his head.

"Is that guy Hisoka?" She pointed to Gijoo.

"Yes, he's Hisoka so stay away from him," 

"I'm not Hisoka!" Gijoo pouted. "My name's Gijoo Seol,"

Kenny grabbed Dawn's hand and gently pulled her away from Gijoo, not letting go until they were down a few flights of stairs. "Are you alright, Dawn?"

Dawn nodded.

"We finished the delivery so let's head back," Kenny said.

Dawn didn't exit the building.

"What's wrong?"

"We left without getting paid,"

Don't worry, Kenny went back to grab the money. But Dawn's gotten adopted by Gijoo Seol now.

Gijoo's got a little sister and he's gonna adopt someone as his little brother. No, the brother I'm talking about isn't Kenny or Donald.