Chapter 31

Donald had expected a hug from his sister too, but received none as she retreated to her room. "Dawn? 🥺"

"She's upset with you," Gray reminded. "It's natural for her to ignore you,"

Orion hugged his son. "Give her some time to cool down. You did hurt her friends, but I know that she'll eventually forgive you,"

When Donald returned to his own apartment, he rested his head against Kingsley's shoulder. "Dawn's still angry at me,"

"You beat up her friends," Kingsley hugged Donald so the latter's head was against the former's chest. "This is one of the few times were she's genuinely upset with you. It's normal for siblings to disagree and give each other the cold shoulder,"

"It feels like she's choosing her friends over me," Donald said. "I didn't know that redhead or scar face were her friends, but I don't regret fighting them. I won't apologize to them. I'm Dawn's brother so shouldn't she automatically side with me?"

"You're not in the right, Donald," Kingsley gently petted the blonde's hair. "I'm sure you know that. If Dawn beat me up—"

"I'd side with her whether she's in the wrong or the right," Donald claimed. "I love you, Kingsley, but I will always choose my sister over everyone else. Even if the whole world is against her, I'll stay by her side. Even if she hates me, I'll still continue to protect her,"

"I know you will," Kingsley planted a kiss on Donald's forehead. "I doubt Dawn actually hates you though,"

"Dad told me to give her time to cool down and that she'll eventually forgive me," Donald sighed. "I hope that's soon. It hurts when she's upset with me,"

XXX

Juhee:
Hey Dawn!

Juhee:
Taeyong's finally going to
start acknowledging his
birthday!

Dawn:
😄

Dawn:
That's good to hear

Juhee:
Let's throw a surprise party
for him this year

Dawn:
His birthday's this Saturday,
right?

Juhee:
Yep!

Dawn:
I'll be there!

The good news lifted Dawn's mood. Taeyong never really celebrated his birthday because his mother passed away when he was just born. The most that she and her friends did was give Taeyong some gifts and birthday cards, but never an actual party.

XXX

"Donald Na and the Yeongdeungpo Union defeated Manwol," Dongha kicked the unconscious Seongjin Cheon. "That fucking sucks. We wanted to beat Manwol up, just the two of us. We wouldn't have needed a whole army of guys like Donald Na,"

Seongmok silently nodded in agreement.

"Hey," Dongha brought up. "Donald Na goes to Yeo-Il High School, right? Let's enroll in there once we're done with Doshin. We'll beat him up and prove that we're the strongest in Yeongdeungpo!"

XXX

Saturday arrived and Dawn made her way to Taeyong's house. She, Juhee, Seungcheon, and Munki blew up balloons and set up decorations. Seungcheon's phone was constantly buzzing. "Taeyong keeps calling me,"

"Just keep ignoring it for a little while longer," Juhee said. "We're not done getting ready yet,"

"Throwing a surprise birthday party all of a sudden..." Seungcheon said.