Chapter 9

A year passed and Stephen also entered middle school. The school he got into was Byuksan Middle School, one of the local elite schools. Another year later, Dawn also was able to get into Byuksan.

While shopping for Dawn's school supplies, Orion caught sight of someone he recognized and froze. 'Is it really her? Am I imagining things? Is this someone who just looks like her? It's been years so I don't know how she'd exactly look like now and I could be mistaken,' "Sophia Na?"

The woman quickly turned around to face him. "Orion?"

"Dad, do you know her?" Dawn asked, confused by both of their reactions.

"Sophia's my older sister," Orion's voice was shaky as he held back his tears. He didn't want to cry, not out in public like this. "I...I haven't seen her since we were separated in the f-foster system,"

"Why don't we pay for our things and then we can talk at a cafe or something?" Sophia suggested.

Orion noticed that she had also been shopping for school supplies and saw the teenage boy beside her. 'So she's also a parent now,' "My bakery's not too far from here. We can head over there once we're done paying,"

The checkout lines were short and they got through quickly. The walk to Orion's bakery was silent. "So...do you guys want something to drink? Something to eat?" Orion asked.

"Just some tea for us please," Sophia requested.

"I'll make the tea," Dawn spoke up before Orion could go instead. She quickly whipped up four steaming mugs of tea and brought it over on a tray. Orion didn't immediately begin speaking, so Dawn decided to initiate a conversation. "I think we should start by introducing ourselves. I'm Dawn Na and this is my dad, Orion Na,"

"I'm Sophia Yeon," The woman introduced herself and her son. "This is my son, Gray Yeon,"

"You have a family now," Orion smiled. "I'm happy for you. You've been doing well,"

"I can say the same about you, little brother," Sophia told him. "You have a daughter,"

"I also have a son who's in his final year of middle school," Orion informed. "He goes to Yeo-Il Middle School so he's living in a shared apartment with his friend. I...we can set up a time at a later date so you can meet him too,"

"That'd be nice," Sophia agreed.

"Gray, what school do you go to?" Dawn inquired.

"I'm going to be a second year at Byuksan," Gray answered.

"I'm gonna be a first year at Byuksan," Dawn beamed. "My best friend, Stephen Ahn, is also a second year,"

"He's that kid that always wins prize money from academic competitions," Gray recalled. "I heard he always donates the money though,"

"He's really kind like that," Dawn said. "I'll introduce you two each other next time. I'm sure you guys will get along great!"

"That's good," Sophia commented. "Gray here is quiet and doesn't really interact with others except when necessary. I'd like for him to make some friends," She glanced around. "You said you own this bakery?"

"Yep," Orion nodded with pride. "Everything is freshly made by me, my staff, and Dawn," He stood up and quickly filled a box for his sister and nephew. "You should try some,"

"Are you sure it's alright?" Sophia hesitated. "I can pay,"

"No sister of mine is going to pay for this," Orion told her. "Besides, you took care of me when we were younger. You're also family, even if we're only reuniting now after so many years,"