Chapter 8

Donald became more comfortable with Kingsley. He would chat with him and they would work together during partner work. He would always invite Kingsley to hang out with him, Dawn, and Stephen during recess. Donald actually considered Kingsley to be his friend.

Sometimes, Dawn's classmates and Stephen's classmates would also join in to play a larger scale game than just two versus two. Donald didn't want them around, but forced himself to be polite and not scare away his sister's potential friends.

After a month, Orion kept his promise to Donald. He started off by giving his son a workout regimen. Knowing his son might try to push himself too far, Orion made sure to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't overdo it. He also began to teach Donald some fighting moves. Donald was a quick learner and was able to master the moves technique-wise, but still needed to work on increasing the power behind his attacks.

Life was great. Both Na Siblings were happy and healthy. They had a loving father and amazing friends. Donald didn't hold back and always got a perfect scores on his work, impressing Orion. Donald received some looks of jealousy from his classmates, but Kingsley remained a loyal friend to him.

Years went by and eventually, Donald and Kingsley graduated from elementary school.

"What!?" Stephen exclaimed. "You both got accepted into Yeo-Il Middle School!?" 

"That's a very prestigious school," Mom Ahn commented.

"But..." Orion furrowed his brows with concern. "It's not one of the local middle schools. It's actually a bit far. You'd have to wake up really early to get to class on time,"

"Donald and I intend to rent an apartment together near Yeo-Il Middle School," Kingsley informed. "We both have our savings for the first couple months, but we intend to also get part-time jobs,"

"You don't have to do that!" Orion said. "I can send money each mo—"

"We want to do this," Donald said firmly. "Dad, we'll both still visit everyone. It's not like we're moving to a whole other city. And if things get tough and money is too tight, we'll ask for help,"

"Then we'll have to throw a goodbye party!" Stephen declared. 

"We're literally having a party right now," Kingsley pointed out.

"This party is to celebrate your graduation," Stephen said. "We'll have to throw another one!"

XXX

"You're really moving out?" Dawn asked when she saw her brother packing the night before moving.

"Yeah," Donald nodded. "I know what you're thinking. You're wondering how I can be so nonchalant about this,"

"Yeah...I thought you'd want to stick around me until you have to go to university or military,"

"It's not that I don't want to be near you," Donald placed a hand on his sister's shoulder. "It's that I trust you with the people here. Dad is strong and Stephen is kind and caring. Both of them will be there for you while I'm gone. But if you ever need my help, call me and I'll rush over to you. You are and will always be my precious little sister,"

Dawn hugged him tightly as tears fell. "I'll miss you! I-I'm selfish and I want you to stay! I don't want you to go! We weren't always side by side but at the end of the day, we were always reunited at home. But now...you won't be home at the end of the day,"

"I know it'll be painful that I'm away, but you're strong, sis," Donald told her. "Remember, we are survivors. Life screwed us over as kids, but we still survived. I'll try to visit often,"

XXX

"Donald," Kingsley asked as they settled into their new apartment. "Are you sure you're okay with moving?"

"Yeah," Donald nodded. "I don't want to endanger them while we're forming the Union. Our enemies might target them. It's better to move to a new location where no one really knows us. We can start our reputation by taking over middle school. We'll gain followers and eventually get other schools to join us. We'll rule over Yeongdeungpo,"

The two of them had taken notes of the delinquents back home and thought that instead of getting rid of them, why not take advantage of them? Why not have them be your tools? So, the two boys crafted a plan to take over Yeongdeungpo and make a lot of money.

Money. With money, Donald could buy whatever he wanted. His sister and father could have anything they desired. They could continue being happy.

Dawn and Orion might not be happy about how Donald would earn his income. Dawn might be more understanding since as children living in the streets, they stole to survive. She might consider it another form of surviving since money is power after all. Money ruled the world. Orion...would probably be disappointed in him. He would be upset and feel guilty since he had taught Donald how to fight.

Well, technically they didn't need to know how he'd get his money. He could claim that he and Kingsley were working at some bigshot company or something.

XXX

It was quieter at Dawn and Orion's home, but Orion tried to make sure Dawn was happy and didn't feel down while Donald was gone. Stephen visited more often to try to take her mind off of Donald's absence. Donald made sure to call his family every few days.

Donald and Kingsley returned home for seasonal vacation breaks, holidays, and on their family and friends' birthdays.

I won't be going in-depth on the formation of the Union in this fic. 

Orion's older sister that was mentioned in Ch 3 will appear in the next chapter!