Chapter Forty-Five

Staring at the wind, in the middle of emptiness, around all the people passing by, the children constantly playing with their fellows, birds chirping, and people talking about themselves and the universe. I am here sitting all alone in a long chair in St. John Street. With my feet tied together while reading a book and listening to music using my earphones.

This book that I am reading makes me feel uncomfortable especially because I am in a public place. The final kissing scene in the book makes me wonder why I never had mine all my life in the two decades of my existence here on earth. This just proves that happy ever after doesn't exist. Dylan has never kissed me before. Probably because he is trying to prove his loyalty to me and himself after we both agreed to wait for our marriage.

Which I know wouldn't come anymore, now that I am falling so much deeper for Shawn. That I know is so wrong. But there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not cheating on Dylan anyway. But is having feelings for someone else considered cheating? I guess it is but I wish that it isn't.

After an hour of reading four chapters straight, I felt someone standing in front of me. Not just one but felt like they were a group. I checked who it was and the smile on my face forthwith vanished after I recognized the three of them. Maureen, Myrna, and Jannet. The three girls I argued with before and I know that day didn't end well. It didn't end the way it was supposed to be and, in the way, I was thinking it would.

I sigh in disappointment. Why am I dissatisfied to see the three of them? Not that I am not happy to see them but it's just that I haven't recovered yet from our fight yesterday. Hey, girl! I heard Myrna's greeting after I looked back to my book to read. Please just let me be first, I want to be alone for now I said calmly and noticed how they all looked into the eyes of each other.

They all sighed and slowly sat beside me. We won't unless you confirm that you forgive us I pretended that I wasn't paying attention. I held my eyes all on the book like I was reading but I truly wasn't. I even read one short paragraph five times just to understand it but as long as they are around me, I cannot understand a single word.

I will, soon. And for now, just let me have space Be honest, I held the book down and faced them.

The smiles and smirks on their faces relieved me. But we want it now Myrna interrupts.

You guys can go away for now. It just temporarily. Once I am emotionally stable, I will get to you guys. But right now, I am not okay

That's why we are here. To help you feel okay, to make you emotionally stable, and to say sorry for the words we have said before. Because we know we should have not said all those

I know that I should be the one saying sorry to them. Because yesterday, they did nothing but try to comfort me after the tension between me and Shawn which ended up being on the four of us. My pride has taken over me which suspended all my plans to say sorry to them. Now they're the ones saying sorry. Inappropriate on the other hand. I had no choice, they're the ones who came up to me already so why would I even shove them off away they are already here to say sorry when I should be the one doing that.

Fine. But I just want you guys to know that I should be the one saying sorry. I gave a lot of harsh words to all of you and I have been such a jerk. I should have not said those and I know it I sighed, trying not to sob but I just did. Maureen chuckled a bit. While constantly playing with my sweaty hands, I felt their hands being wrapped around me.

I was so annoyed that all I was able to afford to do was just to hold my head down. I still can't believe that yesterday, I have been a total fool in front of my three best friends and I held all my stress on them. So it's official? We are back again as friends! Maureen celebrated. I guess Dylan was right. Friendship will heal everything. Just like how it healed the wounds in my heart.

But before everything else, we would like you to know that someone else is here to say sorry to you just like us.

I frowned her statements gave me goosebumps and nervousness at the same time. Who is it? That's where curiosity killed the cat.

The three of them stood up, with smiles on their faces. We will just go and buy some churros over there! Maureen pointer her index finger at the stall with a big sign saying, Churros Available Here!

After they walked away, I saw a man standing in a white t-shirt and khaki jeans. He smiled at me showing his shining teeth and dimples on the corner. I recognized him. It's the same Travis hiding under the name Shawn. I sighed, I can forget about the fight that I and the three girls had last night.

But for me and him, well, I don't think so. We have reached too far. Maybe this is enough? Maybe we should stop arguing because nothing is ever working no matter how hard we try. Were just like silly fools trying to catch the air but all we got is a disappointment for attempting the impossible.

Hey? He started the conversation.

Here my heart said I should say hey back to him and my mind said that I should just ignore him. My mind and my heart are mortal enemies that would never get along together. They are cats and dogs that would never look good together. I'm still unsure if I would greet him back or not.

Maybe I should,

Or maybe not.