Chapter Seven

I fixed my hair and walked towards my mirror and put a little bit more makeup on my face. Jannet invited me to a party, I always wanted to be a good friend so I took her invitation.

After a few minutes that passed as I scrolled through my phone, I finally heard a loud beep and knew that it was her. I went out of the house and hopped into her car, "I knew you would come" I rolled my eyes and looked at the road as she started driving.

"So, which convinced you to come? Maybe you think the party will be so good so you weren't able to control yourself and go" I laughed at her after noticing that she overthought. I shook my head and responded, "no I don't. I just need something to help me kill time" she nodded her head and kept on driving until we stopped

A few people were around a house which was in front of the car. Jannet got out and flipped her hair as she removed the shades that covered her eyes before that also made me wonder how she was able to drive with those.

I untied the seat belt which was attached to my body and got out of the car. "Here we are!" She greeted me and walked towards the house and I walked beside her. A few girls and boys smiled at her, greeted her, and shook her hand. But it feels like I wasn't even there.

"I'll just call Myrna for the balloons," Jannet asked for permission. My eyes widened and I asked, "wait, Myrna? Our Middle school friend? She's here?" Myrna was one of our friends in Middle school but took a separate school away from us when we were in High school. She was my other best friend aside from Jannet.

She nodded her head and smiled, "yeah and she's the one who has this party going on here, want to see her?" I nodded my head with a big smile on my face because I was so excited to see her that night after not seeing her for a long time.

We walked through a round staircase that was not that familiar to me and it led me to not be so comfortable in walking through. She opened a white door and the first thing I saw was a girl with dark skin, dark curly hair, and a yellow jacket.

Her eyes were as blue as how I remembered, her hair was just so curly like how they were when we were in Middle school and she was still so good-looking underneath her dark skin.

She raised her head and her eyes met mine, "Jade?" She asked with the small, cute voice which always kept me up at every sleepover we had. Some lines were drawn on her forehead but a smile was written on her beautiful face

"Hi, Myrna!" She quickly stood up and unexpectedly, she ran to me and hugged me. She smelled like strawberries or grapes or something like a sweet fruit like how she used to. "Oh my god, since when were you here?" I asked as we got our bodies separated from each other. "Well, just like last week" she answered.

My heart melted so much. It was just that I missed her and her smell, personality, and everything. So I was so happy that I saw her again. "What's with this party?" I asked.

"Well, this isn't my party." She answered.

"Then, who's party is this?" I asked again.

"My boyfriend's party" she responded.

"Darn it! I'm the only one in our squad who has no boyfriend." I put my arms together and shook my head sidewards and made it obvious that I was frustrated.

"Just enjoy your single days." Jannet entered the conversation as I nodded my head. "She's right! Boys are a little bit salty and hard to cooperate with" Myrna whispered as if it was a secret. But it made us all laugh.

I sat next to her and grabbed one balloon blower and grabbed a balloon and put some air in it by using the blower for it. "Is this your boyfriend's house?" I asked and Myrna nodded her head. "What is this party for?" I added.

"He's celebrating their win in the national football game" she answered.

"Why didn't you tell me that Myrna's here?" I looked at Jannet with a fierce look as she smiled and responded, "I wanted to surprise you" she answered and Myrna nodded her head and slightly laughed about what Jannet said then continued to what she was doing.

"All done, can you help me bring this downstairs" Myrna mentioned and I nodded my head and put some balloons into a box then carried it with my arms. I flipped my hair first and then followed them as they went downstairs

We scattered the balloons on the floor and stocked some decorations to the ceiling. "Is this good? Or you need something higher?" I asked Myrna as I tried my best to decorate the walls. She nodded her head and I did what exactly I just wanted to.

"Thanks" I nodded my head and fixed my hair. There were only a few people yet that time because it was quite early. Some were decorating too, and some were already eating some foods, drinking, and some were just talking to each other.

I sat on an empty sofa but I wasn't able to stop thinking about Travis. I kept on thinking about how will I make him fall in love with me. Do I need to do it? I don't want to hurt someone. In all girls in the world, why does it have to be me to take revenge for that girl? I took a deep inhale and exhale and stared at the people who were doing what they wanted to.

Jannet sat beside me and smiled, "you should be having fun. C'mon! There's a lot of Oreos and milkshakes there!" She pointed her hand at a table filled with plates and I finally stopped thinking of Travis and the letters and got some appetite on me.