Chapter Thirteen

Suddenly, the night reached me outside our house. I was sitting on the rough and a little husky road, staring at the stars above me and breathing in the cold breeze which was blowing me away. Done with my home works, assignments, and projects. And I was left to do nothing else but wonder if one day I could reach the stars. I felt someone sitting beside me while I kept my head pointed at the sky.

I looked at Travis as he did the same thing which was why our eyes met. "Oh, hi! What's up?" I asked, was a little speechless though. I love interacting with people except when I'm alone and doing nothing. When I am about to relax. But since it was him, I let him bother my relaxation. "What are you doing here, outside?" He asked. I pointed my head back to the stars and smiled. "I usually go here when I'm doing nothing" I replied then he nodded, probably didn't notice that I saw him.

I took a deep breath then said, "the stars are beautiful aren't they?" He looked at them as his eyes blinked and he then looked back at me saying, "yeah, just like you" the words were flirty but the tone was serious and so, I froze and thought for a while if I should be confused, mad, or feel excited about it. I ignored it since I thought it was just a joke.

He fixed his seat, maybe he got himself uncomfortable with the husky road. It was so rocky that it even hurt my butt so much but I got used to it since I often sit there. I already knew how to ease the pain unlike him who had the first time sitting there. "It hurts at first, but will stop soon" I warned for I realized that he seemed to be having a hard time sitting on it.

He slightly laughed with his manly and deep voice. "It truly feels like that" I laughed in response. Then threw my hands up in the air to stretch my arms and my whole body as I caught him glancing at me so I stopped when I knew how awkward what I did was. "Umm, I saw nothing" he joked, we both giggled out of the weirdness going on between us. "You like One Direction?" I asked after seeing his One Direction grey shirt. I also had one of those but never wore it since my dad tells me I look like a tomboy. Especially because of its boyish style.

He smiled confidently as I saw his white shiny teeth and it glared at me. "I love them" I laughed in happiness for seeing someone who was just like me. Ever since I was in high school, One Direction has always been my baby. I loved them more than my dad and they were the characters in my fantasies every night until now that they're disbanded. "Holy moly, what?" I was not able to believe what he was saying. Boy Directioners are rare.

"Yeah, why. Are You?" He asked, I nodded immediately, could not even help myself from smiling a lot. "I'm a big fan bruh" I lightly screamed, trying to keep the noise down since I knew everyone was already sleeping in their houses that time. "Cool! Favorite member?"

Nonetheless, without thinking, I said, "Niall Horan" but he looked like he was not believing me and not in agreement about what I said when he frowned. "Oh, Harry Styles is better" I loved him, but I just used to find Niall so much better than the other members even if I loved all of them though.

"All of them are cool though. Favorite song?" I stated.

"Night changes" he answered,

"Midnight Memories is so much better! That's the best too!" I demanded. Two directioners, in an argument about One Direction. We both could not stop giggling, for some reason I started to get some goosebumps and romantic excitement. Not a lot but a little.

Finally, after giggling, we stopped and were both taken back to the serious part of the night. He faced me, not going to lie but, he looked cute especially when he was smiling. But I never that behind those cute and innocent face was the killer pain that he would bring to me. Little did I know, that he came into my life for something that I did not know. But I wished I knew it was not his fault though.

We sighed, we looked up at the stars, and I wondered what he was thinking just when he smiled at the stars. "Umm, Jade" he called as my eyes left the stars and I faced him. "Oh, yeah?" I asked in confusion with lines drawn on my forehead like checkmarks or something. "I just want to say something" the laughter in my brain got washed away when he said those words. Then I gulped as he proceeded.

"Well, maybe we can go out tomorrow or the next day?" He asked, I thought he was joking, I thought I misheard his words, I thought of everything that was not really what he said. "Umm, what? You and I? Will go out? Is that what you mean? Because that's what I heard" I stated, then he nodded. I just realized that I was right by what I heard. I was not daydreaming neither hallucinating nor misheard it.

I nodded to clear it all out as I repeated, "Umm, ok? Well, I think tomorrow, I'm free. Maybe we can go out" I realized it was what Xanny was saying. That he would ask me out. I wanted to say no, but I was curious and in addition, I wanted to know if Xanny was telling me the truth.

I was already kind of expecting that Xanny was going to send me at least just one letter that night regarding what Travis and I talked about but I was wrong. Because she remained silent that night and did not send me any letter. So I wondered why she did not. But I planned to wear the black dress she sent me before like what she said in the letters. Weird but real.