Chapter Four

I walked through the bathroom of my room after the day I received the second letter from whoever the stalker was who wanted to control me or to tell me what I should do to Travis.

I took a very quick shower and wore my uniform, trying to catch the time so I can catch Travis at St. John street. I fixed my hair, brushed my teeth, organized all of my school stuff then I exited my room.

While walking on the highway, surprisingly, that day, Travis wasn't there. I was so sad because I wanted to walk with him and talk about more and more stuff. The wind blew my hair away as I walked gently then some orange leaves falling from the tall trees dropped on my skin.

I walked to school alone still wondering if Travis made his way to school. The autumn breeze walked with me but I still wanted him to. But after a minute of walking alone, I looked at my back and felt like there was something weird going on.

As the wind blew, I felt some goosebumps which made me so nervous. I looked back at my way still felt that someone was looking at me, watching me, or walking with me without being noticed by my eyes. I just tried to forget about it until then I reached our school but I also tried to walk fast.

The other students entered and I did the same thing. I walked through the hallway and quickly went to my locker. I opened it and grabbed my blue binder for the math class that was supposed to be our first subject that day.

Until I looked down and saw another card. That time, it was a different color. The card was yellow but without further thinking, I grabbed it and unfolded it to read the message inside that went like this.

Happy Monday Jade!

A fresh start just for you. So you're in huh? Are you curious? Well now that you already said yes to our deal, there's no backing out. But don't worry because I'll help you get through your first year of college life.

It's just a simple favor. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Are you ready? Let's do this!

The first thing you should do is to attend math class. I'll send you another letter after that to let you know what you should do. Remember, I'm watching you. One wrong move and you won't like what will happen next. Do your best in your class. See you later Jade!

-XOXO,
Xanny

I looked at every single inch of the sides beside me of the school to look for the one who probably sent me the letter again. "Boo!" My heart almost fell off. I almost cried out of shock but when I looked at my back, it was only Jannet smiling at me.

"Girl! We're going to be late for math class why aren't you prepared yet? C'mon, let's go" Jannet stated. I wanted to tell her that she shocked me but I realized that it will lead her to complete confusion why I was shocked about her so I kept my mouth shut. She held my hand and wrapped hers around mine. "Let's go?" She asked as I nodded my head.

Math class was boring as usual. What kept me up was the sound of the clock ticking on the ceiling. "Blah blah blah blah blah blah 1 8 098 647 275 822 b da blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" I slightly heard our professor discuss the lesson.

I pretended that I was listening even if I wasn't. But the old Jade was dumbly prepared so I opened my phone's voice recorder app and recorded what the professor said.

I was the type of schoolgirl who was interested in other subjects such as English, science, research, and history but mathematics ruined my school days and wished it just vanished.

The professor probably noticed that I was closing my eyes, planning to sleep. I just did what my body wanted me to. I closed my eyes and felt the cold breeze with me until when I opened it, our professor was surprisingly in front of me, sarcastically smiling at me with a little bit of insult. He smiled and asked me, "are you done dreaming about your imaginary boyfriend?" The whole class laughed except for Jannet who knew me so much.

She used to tease me when it's only us but she knew me so much. When she teased me, I used to punch her face or slap her but she's ok with that because it was part of a program of our friendship.

"Oh, sir I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I apologized.

"DON'T BEG FOR MY PARDON RIGHT NOW! WHERE ARE YOUR NOTES? LET ME SEE THEM MISS FROCKLORI!" His voice blew me away. Probably damaged my eardrums and I struggled to look for my phone until I found it. "Sir, I'm not taking notes because I believe that recording the teacher while lecturing is more effective" I insultingly smiled at him and raised my phone through his sight.

He nodded his head and insult was obvious on his face. I flipped my hair as we both started to come back to our businesses. Luckily, I was dumbly smart those days and I was able to use my phone as an alibi.

"Ok, class dismissed. But Ms. Frocklori, stay here" our professor said. I gulped my saliva and I was so nervous thinking of what he was about to do to me. The classroom started to become empty as my nervousness reached the sky more and more each second that passed.

"Jade, come closer to me" I gulped before walking to him. I sat on a chair in front of him and his brown guilty eyes wiped my nervousness away. It was funny how he calmly closed the door and locked the windows but the dumb me thought that he was planning to rape me.

"Sir, I have millions of dreams I still want to accomplish for the rest of my life. Please if you're planning to kill me or rape me in this room, please don't I still have lots of dreams to accomplish, please sir, please" I stated, still thinking of whatever was there in my mind.