Chapter Twenty-Seven

It has been two years already since that incident happened. When I knew that Xanny that I feared the most was just a mythical thing that doesn't exist. And the one who sends me letters was Travis. Though he didn't mean all those things, I was still hurt to know why he chose to be weak and not to be strong when he can be. Dylan is now officially my boyfriend. I realized how much I love him at the time when I was hurt. And he proved to me everything. That he is worth my love. For every second and every minute.

He helped me heal the wound I got from Travis. A heartbreak from love easily got replaced by another new love. But right now, he is not with me in London since he flew to Florida. He would study literature there for two years and will come back here in Florida once he's a writer already. He always told me that his biggest dream is to become a news writer. I didn't know that it was what he wanted to be. But I have seen potential in him on the day he showed me the story he made when we were in 1st-year college.

Everything still bothers me like all of them happened just yesterday. Every single moment is still stuck in my head. It was like a book I didn't finish reading, left one chapter, and didn't resume reading it again. An unfinished business. But since the night Travis told me the truth, I never saw him again as if he vanished like a bubble. Today is the first day of 4th-year high school. For no reason, I don't feel like missing Dylan. Maybe because I have friends who distract me. Jannet, Myrna, and Maureen. Myrna moved back to London now and Maureen is officially part of the squad since the three of us found her fitting to our requirements.

All I want for this year is a peaceful year. Dylan is not here anymore to defend me against people who bully me so I got to be extra stronger. I am about to graduate. Just a few more months and I am finally graduated. So sad that Dylan wouldn't graduate with me. He got accelerated from the past 2 years so now he's studying literature to become a writer in the future. I still can't imagine how much he has grown and how he learned to not be rude to me and be a gentleman instead.

I smiled in front of the banner above me, in front of our school's window which was saying, "Welcome!" New year, new classmates, new teachers, new friends, and new problems. "Hey!" I heard a very girly voice from my back as I looked back to check who it was and found my three best friends. Jannet, Myrna, and Maureen with smiles on their faces. "You ready girl? I'm so excited for this year" Myrna said while tapping my shoulders and giggling. "So excited since I am going to spend this year with my best friends" we created a circle to hug each other.

Our feet met the same old shiny tiled floor. A smile suddenly appeared on my face as we walked through the hallway. Finally. After so many years of studying, it's finally the last year of my college life. "How was the summer with you guys?" Maureen asked and I looked at her with a smile. My summer was just a normal summer with Dylan. Explored Florida with him where he is living, and enjoyed the heat of this world. Maureen looked at me, expecting that I would tell something but I was planning to say nothing about it.

"No, I am not going to say anything" she raised her shoulders and looked at Myrna who I also expected to tell us a story. "Ok, fine!" She said when she noticed that we were pressuring her to tell us what she did for summer. "It's official. I am now a part of the newest girl group of London" she stated as our jaws dropped on the floor. As her best friend, I witnessed how much she wanted to be a star and I am happy for her now that she is about to reach for the stars.

I smiled and all of us giggled a lot in excitement. I can't imagine being the best friend of a future popular singer. "Oh my god! Let me have the best seat at your debut!" Jannet giggled while holding my hands and facing Myrna. "Okay, I will" she put her hands in defense as if she was showing that she was left with no choice. We all laughed until we reached the classroom where we found our names.

We went inside and took our seats. The tables were long and four can seat at one table. So of course, we sat together. "Okay, umm, everybody please settle down" an unfamiliar guy stated who was writing on the board. The bell rang after his statement which means that it was time for everyone to settle down. "I guess you guys have already known each other since you are classmates since last year but we have a new student in this school" All of us smiled, new student, new friend. I wonder if it is a boy or a girl. I hope it is a girl. She can be a part of our squad.

A very familiar guy entered, I watched him as he got in and smiled at everyone. But then, my jaw dropped on the floor after not being able to believe that it was him. The one who broke my heart before. Our eyes met. I didn't mistake him for someone else but instead, I recognized who he was. I knew it was Travis. From his style to his eyes, and his dyed black hair which was supposed to be naturally blonde. I looked at Jannet who was already looking at me with wide eyes.

I gulped, she was thinking the same as I was. "I'm Shawn Fogerberg" he introduced himself as I looked back at him. Shawn what? I cannot be wrong he is Travis. I know every inch of his body and how he moves. I recognized his face, his smile, and his eyes. But not his completely unfamiliar name. But I know it is him. It was Travis. I couldn't be mistaken especially when it comes to him. I know him very well.