Chapter One

Down the highway is where we met, down the highway is where we started, where the mystery encountered me, and where we ended. Everything was a never-ending roller coaster ride we had in just a short period.

They always said that a story is boring if it ends with a happy ever after. Well, it's brutal if it tragically ended. But it's non-sense if it has no plot twist. But the story of my love was mysteriously boring and interesting how it brought pain to me.

I never expected to meet a guy like him. Someone who's almost perfect, like a fictional character, and as mysterious as a crime. He was indescribable. I have no words to describe everything that I had.

But where it started was down the highway. Once on a normal sunny Monday when I made my way to school. At the usual St. John street, that was the best shortcut to reach my school in the shortest time.

Once, when peace was with me and birds were chirping as orange leaves crunched down into pieces to the floor, the wind blew my hair away and I saw a blonde-haired guy walking on the same path as mine.

I looked at him and noticed that he was a student because of the bag he had on his back. I looked at him and wondered if he was my age. I thought that he was just a normal guy so I looked away and kept on walking but when I looked at my back again, he wasn't there anymore which made me realize that I was wrong. He wasn't a student but just a stranger who made his way with me.

As usual, when I entered my classroom, I was like a ghost who was never seen by my classmates who just ignored me and minded their businesses which were not new to me anymore.

I sat on the same old rotten chair. Until finally, one girl noticed me. Jannet, my best friend. She sat beside me and flipped her blonde straight hair which matched her white skin tone. "Hey, what's up?" She asked me while she placed her notebooks and books on top of her table and I just watched her.

"Hello" I replied in an awkward voice, our professor entered. "Ok everyone, take your seats" his blue eyes that were so mad dived right into my mind which were probably pointing at the mess I did at the library last week before that day. I ignored it because I had nothing else left to do.

Luckily, he didn't mention me and continued with his lecture. I tried my best to listen but the football players who were in a practice distracted me. "C'mon Jade, that's ok you can do this!" I whispered and I think that Jannet heard it which made her look at me.

Finally, later that day school ended Jannet drove off with her boyfriend while I walked home alone at the same St. John street. It was so peaceful on the road until one bike passed me by which made so much noise but it didn't bother me at all.

I just kept on walking and wondered how I can make my grades grow more. Until another distraction came to distract me. As I walked down the rocky road surrounded by tall trees with orange leaves falling as they were crunched by my shoes, I saw the same guy I saw earlier that day. I wasn't wrong. It was him who was in a red hoodie and black bag pack at his back and his head was held down.

I tried to run to him and called him "hey!" I don't know why but maybe I was crazy about how I found him extremely interesting. He didn't respond instead, he kept on walking away from me so I ran faster toward him.

"Hey wait for me!" I yelled until I finally reached him. The hood of his hoodies covered his eyes I wondered how he was still able to walk straight on his own. I looked at his red glossy lips as he took off the hood out of his face. I can say that he was cute.

"Hi!" I repeated while I smiled again. He didn't smile at me as I expected but he still looked back at me and continued walking as I did the same thing. "Where do you go?" I asked him. He was a little taller than me. His feet were bigger than mine after I saw them on the ground.

I kept on walking with him "do you usually walk here?" I asked again as I turned my back in front of us and faced him completely to block his way. "Yeah, I guess" he finally said a word. His deep cold manly voice quickly ran to my ears as it stood as music to me.

"What about you?" I was so wrong about my estimation of his attitude. I thought that he was mean because he ignored me at first but he was a very nice guy.

"Uh-huh" that was all that I said after feeling so overwhelmed with the answer he gave me. "Do you live near here?" I asked just because curiosity ran to me.

"Yeah" he replied and finally gave me a half-smile with his glossy red lips. I faced my way and smiled widely. I kept on walking alone after we took our separate paths. He took a right and I took the left path which was close to my house or a few steps closer to it.

"He's nice" I whispered as the wind blew me away again. I walked continuously and my feet touched the ground over and over again as I sang different melodies inside my head.

I looked up at the sky and smiled as the small amount of sun tapped my skin. Afterward, I faced my way. I became so much interested in the guy I encountered down the highway. I thought that he was interesting but I never realized that he will bring misery to my life.