Chapter Nine

Since that day, I wondered what could have happened if I stayed at the party, but Xanny warned me to get out of that place and so I did. I followed her warning sign because I wanted to live and I thought that she was trying to protect me away from danger.

But when I arrived at school, I immediately asked Jannet, "what happened to the party once when I left?" She laughed at me like I missed something extremely amazing or I have been waiting for. "Well, it was fun, everything went through the plans. Dancing contests, pool parties, nachos everywhere, and every fun thing that was expected to happen. It was fun, I'm so sad to tell you that you missed the biggest thing, sound trip!" Excitement filled and wrapped her voice and she seemed so happy and grateful about the party.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking why the heck did Xanny wanted me to leave the party and what was the danger out of all the happy memories that Jannet stated. I finally stopped once when our temporary professor arrived. Well, he reminded me of the old professor which died after he attempted to tell me some things probably about Xanny, but it motivated me to keep quiet and just follow Xanny's rules which I thought were right.

"Ok class, take your seats. Today our lesson is about the pollution reduction management cycle which we will be starting with realization and will end with a test so make sure to participate properly in our discussion" in a class of smart people, I guess he didn't need to tell us to participate since all my classmates were hyperactive in class.

Being in the highest section in our school was a big hustle that everybody else didn't realize. Everyone in the class was good so a big competition was carried out by us including me. I had the pressure to keep my spot in the top 12 list of our class since if I get out of there, it would be hard to pass the exams since the toppers have different exams than the bottom line students. As the professor continued discussing the topic, all my attention was on him and I was fully concentrated until I found a small piece of paper under my desk, and even before I opened it, I knew it was from Xanny.

It was like magic when it got there at the perfect time but honestly, it was shorter than the other messages she sent me and the card was smaller than the others.

Go to the restroom now! Immediately...

XOXO,
Xanny

I thought that the message I received from the party was the shortest but the letter I received there was a lot shorter with only nine letters. But into what she said, I froze.

"Sir, I need to use the restroom" he nodded as I made my way out of the room with everyone's eyes on me. I rushed to the girl's restroom and stopped by the sink when I saw a blue box on top of it with a sticky note attached and my name written on it.

I opened it hurriedly because I didn't want to miss the other things in our class that the professor was talking about because I wanted knowledge to be able to answer the test.

But once I opened it, I saw a blue dress and when I separated it from the box, it was a straight blue dress like on date nights. I grabbed the note under it and found what it says...

When Travis asks you out, wear this dress, this is not the main dress I wore on our first date but looks exactly like it. I want him to remember me with this dress. I'm not sure when he'll ask you out be he asks every girl he meets, be careful and take care of your beautiful face. That's how you can make him fall in love.

XOXO,
Xanny

Travis was not looking like the guy that Xanny was describing. When I first talked to him, it was like he was not even interested in me so it was a big confusion for me when Xanny came along with the words that she was Travis' ex-girlfriend. Travis looked like the silent type that don't even know how to talk to a girl right so it was weird that underneath his cuteness was a hurt girl who was begging for my help.

I grabbed the box but wondered how I will take it to our room. I looked at the mirror and realized that there was no need to take the box to the room so I grabbed the dress away from the box and left it while I put the dress under my skirt once I arrived back at the classroom, I removed it secretly under my table and luckily, no one noticed it.

I grabbed my pencil out of my bag and prepared for the test, once it started, silence left us deaf that even the sound of the pencil when it was being used to write was heard. I tried to concentrate on my test but I was bothered by the thought that Xanny might have been watching me so I fixed my seat and tried to fix how I look like as well.

Then I went straight back to the test and tried to answer all the questions until I was done. Later that day when I got home, I tried to fit the dress and it fit me so well. I wondered how Xanny got my size right without even asking me for it, but then I realized she knew where I got for school, where I live and where I go, even at the party and my size was just a small thing that was impossible for a stalker-like her to not know about. Throughout all those years, I feared Xanny so I kept on following her and her rules after the death of my professor because I thought I was next.