Chapter Eighteen

I was the only one in our house again, mom and dad were both at work so were left at home since it was Saturday. They don't work on Saturdays but that day, they had an extra day for work since their bosses asked for it. The whole house was empty like I was the only one living in there. I claimed it, I acted like I was the only one living in that house and everything there was mine.

A knock from the door came around from nowhere as I went to it and opened it. Dylan was the first one who caught my attention, he was the only one. "Oh, come in," I said, and my mind started to think of ways to convince him to do my will. I smiled in evilness, he was clueless about what I was wanting him to do. "You live here by yourself?" He asked as he scattered his eyes around the house.

I raised my shoulders as I led him to the room. "Obviously no. I won't live by myself" I don't know why I have been honest to him, but all that I knew, was that there was no way he would say no to me. "Here's my room" I entered and he did the same thing. I don't know if he had a good spirit so he took off his shoes before he even entered but that was not what he always does.

I just ignored that, instead, I continued to enter the room. He first scattered his eyes all over my room while looking around at the things as if he had never seen such things like those before. "Nice room" I don't know how he found it nice when it was a little messy. Unlike his, which was organized and clean. "Thanks," I said unsurely, well in my perspective, I didn't find it nice.

He sat on my bed and the flirty spirit in him, came over again. "So, what would we do which you said yesterday that is supposed to be exciting" He even emphasized the word exciting while touching my bed gently. To ensure that no one was watching us, I closed the windows and the door to be sure that Xanny was not watching us.

And so even if I was a little scared and not sure if he would believe me or think that I am crazy, I grabbed all the letters that Xanny has sent me then sat beside him on my bed. "What's all those?" He asked and tried to grab the letters from my hands but I kept them away. "So, I want to tell you something first" I thrilled. Then he nodded seriously for the 2nd time in the world.

The first thing I did was to sigh and hoped that Xanny was not watching us. "I started receiving letters earlier this month. And the sender is hiding from the name of Xanny. I don't know who she is but she's been sending these letters" I placed all the letters on the bed as he examined them with his eyes.

"What should I do with these? I mean why are you telling me this kind of thing?" He asked while frowning and scanning all the letters on the bed. "Who is Travis?" He asked again. I immediately grabbed his hands and pointed him to the window where I found Travis who was sweeping the road earlier. He was still doing the same thing and so I pointed at him with my finger.

He frowned again and looked at me, "why is Xanny asking you to make that guy fall in love with you?" I just realized that he was not reading everything carefully. "Didn't you read the letters? Because he is her ex-girlfriend." He nodded as we both made our way back to the bed. "Now, I beg for you. I think my life is in danger, you are my only hope Dylan, so please help me"

Before responding to me, he took a deep sigh and thought as he froze. "Fine, how can I help you?" He asked like he has been a good boy all the time. I was encouraged to go on. "Figure out who Xanny is. I need to know." Finally, somehow, I was a little relieved to know that someone could help me. "What would I get for instance?" He asked with a sarcastic smile.

Out of his serious side was an evil side as well. "You would be my boyfriend" his jaw dropped, not able to believe what I said, even me, I was also unable to believe what I said. I didn't like him. I only said that for my safety. "What if I fail to figure out who your stalker is?" He asked, but honestly, I had no plan to get him as my boyfriend, in short, I was a scammer who only used him.

"Then you can forget about our relationship," I said with a lot of confidence while staring into his eyes. He nodded as a response and smiled at me. "That's all?" He asked as if he was wanting something more. "What? You still want more conditions?"

"No, I mean is that all you want to say?" He asked, then I nodded. I guess I was pretty stupid for predicting that he was asking for something else, some more condition or wills. "Oh, is that so? Then I would get going now" he said as if his arrogance was low and tired.

He opened the door as I went with him when he went down the stairs and started driving away from our house. While I felt someone getting closer to me. I turned around and saw Travis standing, holding a broom and dustpan. "Who was that?" He asked concernedly. I faced him saying, "oh, just a friend" we were not friends and would never be, but I didn't want Travis to know that I have been receiving letters from his ex-girlfriend. He nodded and agreed with it.

Then I came out saying, "Oh, umm Travis, tomorrow, I think I'm free, we can go out," I said since he asked me to go out the other time and I was not available because I was busy. He only nodded and let out a light smile. I turned my back again and returned to the empty house.