Chapter Five

"Sir, I have millions of dreams I still want to accomplish for the rest of my life. Please if you're planning to kill me or rape me in this room, please don't I still have lots of dreams to accomplish, please sir, please" I stated, still thinking of whatever was there in my mind.

"Get lost miss Frocklori, you're not even my type" he complained then I realized, I was just overthinking, well it was too much. I gulped and smiled with a light embarrassed expression on my face. "Oh, yeah like what I said, but what's our business?" That's when he sat beside me, and his voice lowered a bit.

First of all, before he started speaking, he looked around until he finally got comfortable then he looked at me, obviously nervous. "I know that you've been receiving letters" I gulped, thinking that he was the one who started giving me letters

"Umm, what are you talking about?" I tried to play dumb because I remembered what I saw that was written in the most recent letter I received that no one must know it. Even if I doubted that it was just a prank that had been set up on me, I still tried to hide it, because I know that if someone knows it, they'll think I am dumb to believe the blackmails being sent to me.

"What do you mean?" He asked back with curved lines drawn on his forehead, he bit his lips and I saw his sweat fall onto the ground. "I don't know what letters are you talking about" the lines became more clearer as they were attacked my more force.

"Are you sure you're not receiving any letter?" He asked curiously. I nodded my head and felt so confident with my answer which was a big lie. I had no choice because I was so scared.

"Never mind, if you are, be careful. They're unstoppable, they can do anything they want to you anytime, anywhere" he warned. I gulped again after hearing some words. I wanted to ask him more about it like where did he get his information and what made him predict that I'd been receiving letters. But I remembered that I told him that I wasn't receiving any letter so I just kept my mouth shut and tried to hide the fear I felt.

"You can go now," he said after he looked away and I did what he said. I opened the door of our classroom and the cold air left me. I walked through the hallway but when I was already close to my locker to get my stuff, I noticed something which bothered me a lot.

There was a man with a mask and a brown aesthetic hoodie. "Hey!" I yelled and he looked at me like I expected and he ran away. I tried to catch him, I ran like I was faster than a train but I didn't catch him. He ran so fast like how the wind blew the curtains away.

Disappointedly, I came back to my locker and as I expected, a letter was indicated at the lock of it. I unfolded the black envelope and it was empty. I thought that the guy forgot to add something to it but then I looked at it closer when it bounced through the sunlight, and I realized that a thick paper was covering it. I removed the cover and read the message.

Hey there Jade, the school's over. So, let me think about it, maybe your professor is right. What I want is just a simple favor. All you have to do is to sleep now and tomorrow, I'll tell you everything I want. Good night, sleep tight, don't dream of me tonight!

P.S: good job girl! You didn't tell him.

-XOXO,
Xanny

I was speechless after reading the text which made me realize that the guy who ran away probably heard my professor and I's conversation. Luckily, I didn't say a word about it.

I walked through the hallway until I reached the outer part of our school. I kept on walking but it was surprising and frustrating how Travis wasn't at the same old town street we used to walk.

I walked home alone with my earphones plugged on my ears and with the wind blowing my hair away. Until it was so cringing how I felt like someone was looking at me. I looked at my back and noticed that I was the only one walking, no one else was.

When I got home that day, I quickly went to my room, I just closed my eyes, didn't eat and did what the letter asked me to. I didn't want to be a slave but I was left with no choice. I slept without eating especially, it was so early that I didn't even open my assignments.

The day after that, when I got my eyes opened, I walked through the same old street and Travis was finally there. But it felt like I wasn't interested in him anymore after I thought so deep of what the letters told me.

"Hey, are you ok?" I heard his voice come to ask me and I nodded my head, "oh, yes I'm ok" I answered even if it was obvious that I was still searching for the words. He smiled at me and nodded his head too.

We both continued walking until we reached our schools and took our separate paths. When I arrived at school, our classroom was only filled with us, students and for the first time, our professor was late.

I sat on my same old chair and waved at Jannet who was making her homework, as usual, she did it at school because of the parties she always attended at. The reason why everyone loves her, she doesn't say no even if she can.

A guy with a red jacket came inside of our room, he has glasses and his hair was straight black. "Good morning class" it was confusing how he spoke like a teacher. "Today I will be your new math professor" and that's when I knew he was.

Jannet raised her hand, probably having the same question as mine, "sir, mind if I ask a question?" The guy nodded his head and Jannet continued. "Where's our real professor?" Time passed by so fast that his answer wasn't clear to my ears.

"He's dead" those were all that I heard and all that he said. "He died last night, in a car accident" because of the small talk he and I had the day before that, I was convinced that he didn't die of a car accident, but he was killed. Unexpectedly, out of scaredness, I screamed my lungs out, thinking that I was next in line to death.

"Aaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!" I felt that everyone was looking at me as I was standing until I got myself back. "Hey, are you ok?" The new professor asked. I nodded my head and tried to control myself and focus but our professor's death kept on bothering me.