Chapter Eleven

The smile on his face stood as a light between us while the garbage stood as a burden. "I'm going to live here. And you, what are you doing here?" I started to doubt him and also started to believe Xanny. "I live here" then I just realized that we were about to live in the same town.

He nodded, then picked all the garbage and placed them in the bag. I knew that I was the one who was supposed to do that but I just watched him since I got out of the nerve. "Seems like we are going to be neighbors" he stated with a quick smile bouncing through his face.

I stood up and grabbed the bag then went to the empty lot and placed it there as I came back to our house. Before entering, I saw that he waved to me with a smile while boxes on his arms almost fall and I secretly laughed about it. I took a deep breath before loving him. I mean before entering the house. "What took you so long?" Dad asked as he placed the plates on the table I ignored him at first but in the end, couldn't help it.

I pressed the power button of the remote control to open the TV and said "nothing" I knew dad would not be able to be fooled easily so he replied, "is it the cute new guy moving next door?" I rolled my eyes, none of his business anyway, but he still asked me though.

I took a sip of the orange juice I left on the dining table and sat in front of him at the table. "That's your mom's seat" it was even a big deal for him. Just a simple seat and he even complained about it. "What? Can't I sit here? Mom allows me to" she never did, even if I asked for her permission. "Take your proper seat" he tapped my hands when I attempted to take a slice of pizza on the table saying, "that's for dinner"

"Well, dinner is coming"

"Mom is not here yet, wait for her"

I rolled my eyes again and left the table as I made my way back to my room. I was not starving but just wanted to eat. As I lay down on my bed, I felt something weird in my pocket. So I stood up and grabbed a piece of cardboard that I felt from my back.

I unfolded the note and read what it was saying.

So, Jade, I hope that you would take advantage of this thing. Travis just moved in. You're getting closer to him. Good job!

XOXO,
Xanny

When I felt it from my back, I already knew it was cardboard but I did not expect that it was a letter from Xanny again. I started to wonder where it came from or who placed it in my pocket and how it was able to be there. I don't believe in magic so I knew that it did not come there just by itself. I was pretty sure that someone placed it there.

But out of a lot of people I encountered today, who among them?

I knew it was not my dad, he is not the type of guy who throws jokes and pranks a lot, he is serious in every way.

****

My phone rang from afar, and so I grabbed it then placed it right behind my ear after reading the text above it and realized that Jannet was the one who was calling. In the middle of the night. "Girl, what's your problem? It's midnight!!" My sight was turning a little blind since I was so sleepy and I was not able to hear what she was saying.

I heard her breath on the phone. "I figured out something," I thought it was just a joke, a prank, or a setup that she was setting onto me so I said, "I'm not into your pranks right now" but I was confused by her words when she said, "this is for real"

Sometimes Jannet is serious while sometimes she is not. But somehow I knew that with the tone of her voice, she was serious about what she was saying. I gave her a chance since I thought it's not bad to believe in your prankster best friend. "Ok, what is it? Just make sure that your source and information is legit" I yawned considering my sleepiness.

"Remember when there was a piece of note that you found on your chair, that was not me and I can prove it. I also received one"

"So?"

"But the thing is that there is something weird about this thing. There is blood on the cardboard"

"What does it say?"

"They're just a group of numbers. Goes like 8 113 241141425"

"What else? That's all?" I did not even know why I was asking her that question thus, I was clueless about what she was talking about. "Just numbers?" I asked, then she replied, "uh-huh" I stretched, trying not to close my eyes because I knew I would end up sleeping.

"Where did you get that?" I asked

"Under your locker"

"How?"

"I was trying to leave your book in your locker since you told me to do it, the book of yours that I borrowed a wee ago. Then I found this piece"

"Then supposedly, it's not yours. That is supposed to be mine"

"Yeah, I know. But why did you call in the middle of the night? Not earlier?"

"I don't know. But I saw this yesterday and just found it again on my table."

"Okay, okay. I got to go now. Girl I'm so sleepy. I would talk to you tomorrow. I just need to sleep so bad I can't help it anymore"

The phone call finally ended by itself. But still, I remembered why Xanny said in one letter. That I should never tell anyone about the letter I have been receiving from her. I wondered, Jannet found the letter herself and I did not show it to her or anything else. She found it, I did not tell her about it, which made me realize I should have to tell it to her.

We promised never to keep secrets from each other.