Chapter Two

The next day when I woke up, I galloped to the bathroom and took a five-minute shower. I did my best to move as fast as I could because I wanted to walk with the guy so badly.

I packed my school stuff and kept on brushing my teeth. 12th grade has always been easy for me. But that time when I was in my 1st year of college, I ran out of confidence after I met tough teachers who ruined my college life. I grabbed my "Landline" book which I was reading.

I made my way to the door of our house with my bag back on my back and yelled, "Bye mom bye dad! See you guys later love you" I heard them shout the same reply to me and I laughed about it.

I flipped my hair and then walked to the same old street with a big smile on my face after I saw the hoodie guy walking. That day, he was wearing a different outfit. Something like a blue sweater.

"Hey there!" I greeted him, then he looked at me and smiled. "Hey" he silently replied. "So, I have a question. What school do you go to?" I quickly went straight to the point to avoid some distractions that I knew would lead me to forget what I was about to ask.

"What will happen if I will tell it to you?" He asked sarcastically. Funny thing was that he replied with a question as well. I asked him but he asked me too. "Ugh! C'mon, it's just your school ok?" He laughed at me slightly and kept on walking. His wide deep smile blurred my vision because it was so bright like a shining diamond.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes at him and knew that the road was still a little bit long which made me realize that I still had time to talk a lot about boring stuff with him. I flipped my hair as if I was the prettiest girl in the world. "I'm Jade" I pointed my right hand in front of him as he grabbed it and we made a simple handshake. "I'm Travis" he replied. Finally, he got a name for my head!

"Nice to meet you, Travis!" I greeted him again while he nodded his head and walked continuously. I placed my books in my arms until I reached the gate of our school. Then I noticed that Travis wasn't with me anymore. He probably took his way to his school which he never mentioned.

It was surprising how I saw Jannet at our school earlier than I. I've always been the one to be at our school first but that day it was surprising how she came first.

I sat on my chair and curiously saw a piece of paper under my table. I reached it and read every single word attached to it. Which went exactly like this,

So you met a new guy at St. John street? Lucky you. Well, you know what to do!

-XOXO,
Xanny

"Hey, you Jannet! You wrote this, right? Didn't I tell you to keep your distance away from my table? How dare you traitor!" I sarcastically and playfully stated. But it was confusing how she placed her lipstick down to her collar and looked at me with a curious face. "Girl! I just arrived, besides, why would I go near your empty and boring table?" I didn't believe her because of the big proof.

But the handwriting didn't match hers. "Uh-huh, well, what's this?" I placed the cardboard up behind my cheeks and wrapped it around my finger playfully like I was an agent with a card in his hands.

"Umm, what's that?" She asked then she continued putting her lipstick on her lips. "C'mon Jannet! Stop playing dumb it's a letter you placed her on the table! Duh!" I rolled my eyes at least no one looked at me.

"Letter? Let me see!" She grabbed it away from me and her eyes quickly ran down to the bottom of it and flipped the cardboard back and forth to check if there were more letters but there was nothing else.

"Oh, looks like you got a stalker. Anyway, did you meet a guy? OMG! Who is he?" It was like she was more excited than me. But she just changed our topic. I shook my head and responded, "none of your business" I muttered.

She rolled her eyes while she organized her makeup. "Girl! Please just tell it to me! Bestfriends never keep secrets from each other!" She reminded. "Ok, fine!" I rolled my eyes then she smiled at me happily.

"I met him down the highway, I mean at the St. John street where I usually walk to. But please tell me the truth, didn't you place this letter here?" She shook her head sideward means she didn't. I nodded my head.

"Wait, who is he, get me straight to the point!" She demanded.

"He just told me his name is Travis ok? That's all" I stated.

"Yiiieee!!!!!" She screamed her lungs out which I think made all the birds fly away. I rolled my eyes at her again then she quickly grabbed her phone and her eyes stared at it, her smile remained on her face, and her fingers ran fastly to the screen.

"Is this him?" She asked after pointing her phone at me with a picture of a guy with black hair and brown skin. "Nah" I was one hundred percent sure it wasn't him. "What about this?" Another guy came to my face as Jannet pointed it out "no!" Even if I haven't stared at him yet, his image got stuck in my head which made me recognize him easily.

"This?" I rolled my eyes after seeing a dark-skinned guy who was surely not the Travis I met at St. John street. "Could you please just stop? You're annoying me!" She raised her hands playfully and tied them up mythically. "Ok!" She said then she zipped her mouth mythically too.

I stopped for a while and kept on waiting for our professor, but the letter remained in my head. I kept on thinking about it. I wasn't sure. I guess that Jannet told me the truth. But if it's not her, I wondered who? Who is that secret stalker who followed me even on the street? Down on my way here to school?