Chapter Six

"Jannet, come here!" Her forehead had some naturally drawn lines as I led her to the bathroom. "What? Why are you calling me here in the bathroom?" She asked as she sat on the toilet.

I lead her there because I saw that the mailer was a guy so I thought that he'll not put cameras in a girl's room. "Did you hear what our new professor said? Our real one is dead." She raised her right eyebrow and looked at me as if she didn't hear it.

"Uh-huh. What's the matter with that? It's like you care so much for him" I was about to tell her what I was planning to do until I realized that our professor's cause of death was that he told me some things he knew about it. Hence, I remembered that he warned me to be careful.

"Oh, umm never mind" I deeply thought of what to say first and searched for those words before speaking. She nodded and asked me back, "so what now?" I had nothing else to tell her so I gave her a sign that I was already letting her leave me. "You can go now" she nodded again and made her way out of the bathroom.

As I walked through the hallway, I felt something been thrown at my back but because of its very lightweight, I wasn't able to define what was it. But when I looked at my back, the hallway was empty. I unintentionally looked down and saw a square piece of black cardboard and noticed that it was another creepy and mysterious letter.

A simple favor. I don't like playing hard to get Jade, so I want to go straight to the point. 2 years ago, Travis and I were couples but he left me and led me to who I am right now. Helpless, empty, full of shame, out of confidence, and unlikable.

Travis hurt my feelings. He made me feel what is pain. I just want something from you, Jade I need you. I consider you as my only left wild card to take revenge on him.

Please help me. There's nothing else that you need to do but to make him fall in love with you, then leave him. I want him to feel the pain I felt. I know that it will stand as my revenge.

Just a reminder, be careful. Don't fall for him.

-XOXO,
Xanny

I froze after reading the text. A lot of questions came to my mind as if I had one. Fear took over me because I thought that because of those letters, I'll be a criminal. But then I realized, hurting someone is more than just being a criminal.

Furthermore, after re-reading the letter, I realized that the mailer was a girl after she admitted that she was once Travis' lover. Then I asked myself, is it true that behind his innocent face is a very dark past? She just hurt someone who has become emotional.

I've never been on a mission, so it was my very first time. Except for the times when I used to control my mom and dad for their permission for sleepovers. I kept on walking until I reached the old street.

I looked around and unexpectedly, I found Travis walking with a different backpack and the school uniform he was probably given at his school.

"Hey! Travis!" I yelled with a smile as I saw him look back at me and smiled. "So, what's up?" He raised his shoulders as I rolled my eyes to him. I walked beside him, facing the road, and the highway which was a little bit away from us that had vehicles passing by.

"I just have one question," I asked him, he nodded and I went straight to the question which was related to what Xanny was saying. "Do you always walk in this street?" He looked at me but shook his head sidewards to the left then to the right four times.

"Where were you from?" I thought that asking him questions was a very helpful tool because I'll know more about him. His weaknesses, strengths, and of course, I use that as a way to figure if Xanny was telling the truth that she was Travis' ex-girlfriend.

"I'm from Kazakhstan. But my parents are both from London so we decided to live here since they told me they wanted me to see their hometown." I nodded my head and searched for the words I needed to express what I felt.

"How long have you been living here?" I asked in response.

"Almost a year. About 9monthsh" I nodded again, and finally I got the confirmation about him. He was Xanny's ex-girlfriend. I lend my concentration on the road but lend it back to him.

"What's your full name?" I inquired.

"Travis Scott" he replied.

"I'm Jade Frocklori," I said just to make it not so obvious that I was pulling closer to him, his information. "Nice to meet you Ms. Frocklori!" She greeted but darn, I wish I should have listened to Xanny. I should have been careful because, at that time, his eyes caught my attention.

I kept on walking until the highway in front of us become bigger and bigger at every step we took. Until we reached the highway and took our separate paths. Before going to my house, I tried to check on Travis first but the highway was only filled with vehicles.

I scattered my eyes and searched for him but he was already gone so I had no choice but to walk home with a piece of mystery in my head. The wind was blowing me away, and the small amount of sunlight bounced through my hair.

Now, how I wish I can turn back the time. I wish I can restart my life and have the same choices I had from the past. I wish I just ignored those letters and lived my life without no one holding my it. But those things already happened, and I had no choice now but to accept them.