Chapter Fifteen

The professor kept on talking, mostly about our topic which was the life of Abraham Lincoln. I used my hand to carry my face which almost fell. He was talking too fast that I was not even able to catch up with the topic to take down some notes. He was almost better than Cardi B and Nicki Minaj, I wondered if he was a retired rapper.

The door of the classroom opened and the whole class narrowed at the girl entering our room. "You're late," said our professor. The girl kept her head down, embarrassed when she caught everyone's attention. It was Maureen. I got used to that attitude since that was her behavior since high school. Yep, we were classmates since high school. "Sorry, sir" I smiled and leaned my eyes back on my paper.

She sat a few chairs beside me, but so close to Jannet. She smiled at both of us and of course, we did the same thing to her. She was trying to be nice so why would we don't be? She's kind, she's not a fake one nor a plastic friend, she's very nice. "You got some notes?" I heard her asking Jannet while she gave her the notebook she filled with her notes from the professor's statements.

I shook my head sidewards and slightly laughed about it. The professor didn't see them but saw me. "Anything funny Mrs. Frocklori?" The smile on my face vanished the moment that I noticed him calling me Mrs as if I was wife already. "Nothing sir, just don't call me Mrs" he nodded and continued lecturing on the blackboard.

Maureen and Jannet looked at me with their teasing looks and laughed. Wow, the professor did not notice it too but noticed me laughing for a second. Great.

I wrote some more words and words until I was finally able to fill three pages of my notebook. Guess I also wrote his cough, the way he clears his throat, and when he laughs. But they were distracting. "Now grab your partners, we are going to do something" he stated I stood up and immediately went to Jannet. "We?" I asked but then she showed her right hand wrapped around Maureen's left hand. "Sorry, bestie. But we've been partners from the past few projects, just this once" she smiled but I rolled my eyes with a tip of a smile.

I looked around and noticed that everyone has a partner already. "Hey" I felt someone tap my back. I turned around, here we go again I thought after seeing Dylan's face. I hated his face so much. Like if I were to choose one person to vanish from that school, it would be him.

He's a little rude, a pervert, and acts like a bad boy though it doesn't fit him. A bully who has been dying a lot for me. I rolled my eyes then faced him. "What now?" We were classmates just in one subject at that time that's why we don't see each other as often as before. I was grateful for that. "Partners?" He said flirtingly. There he went again, acting like a cool guy but ending up looking like a weirdo.

I looked around once more and realized that everyone already had their partners except for me. I was left with no choice but to nod. He smiled insultingly saying, "this is going to be good"

The professor came back to the center of the room while Dylan grabbed my hands. I immediately slapped him "ouch" he expressed then rubbed his face gently. "Sorry not sorry," I said then rolled my eyes. Well, we saw everyone holding each other's hands except for us.

The professor scattered around his eyes. Then Dylan looked at me with a smile then winked. This is the worst day of my life. Girls in the school go crazy for him but not me. He has black hair and blue eyes and red glossy lips, together with his white skin. He was a little tall but insulting. "Okay, everyone got a partner already?" The professor asked.

I also scattered my eyes and once I found out that everyone else had partners, I looked back at the professor. "So, here is what you guys are going to do. The deadline is on Friday. I want you to create a story. Well, a fictional one. Well, today we talked about Abraham Lincoln. And so I want you to discuss something with your partner a memorable experience you had in the past few years of your life and the lesson you learned from it. Combine the experiences of you and your partner to create a story"

Dylan and I's eyes met as I sighed. Out of all people in a class, why did it have to be him? I did not want a jerk to be my partner. "So I guess that's it for now, class dismissed" after those words, the bell immediately started to ring so loud and the students made their way, together with their partners to the door as I heard them talking.

I sat on my chair and fixed my bag. Put every single thing in their right places. I wore my bag and flipped my hair. I was about to go to the cafeteria since it was time for us to each our lunch until Dylan tapped my back. "So when are we going to write the story?" He said while he blocked my way. I rolled my eyes, "I'll do it by myself"

He frowned but still tried to smile underneath his confusion. "What? Then what's the purpose of our partnership then? I don't want my future wife to struggle in writing a story" the other girls started looking at us, smiling. I knew that they were wishing that they should be in my place. Well if I were them, I would rather stay in their places.

I rolled my eyes again trying to control my temper. At least I did because if I didn't, I probably already have punched him in his face. "Well, I would rather struggle in writing than be your future wife!" I faked a smile, made it obvious, and dragged him out of the way as I confidently walked towards the cafeteria. I was starving and Dylan just wasted my time.