Chapter 15: Forever Young

Start from the beginning

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"You're a bitch you know that? Go die in a hole... Wait, get me outta here first!"

"Please?" I began to beg again, a plea in my voice. A sudden wave of desperation washed over me paired with an intense apprehension to staying here. It rippled beneath my skin like a shock wave.

"THALIA!!!" I cry out, beginning to weep fearful tears."YOU CAN'T LET ME DIE HERE!!"

I shut my eyes and hummed myself to sleep. Everything after that was black. Somehow, even blacker than my tiny, light-less room ever could be.

***

I was sitting upright. Somehow I had managed to store enough energy to sit up with my knees to my chest and try to sing. I was failing dismally at getting any sound out of my lips that didn't hurt my own ears. I just couldn't do it... Every word hurt but I kept singing because I was hallucinating that I was on a black stage, lights beaming onto me. I couldn't see the crowd because of the garish light, but I knew they were there. I could feel their warmth and listen as they screamed and whistled.

I was by myself though, without the boys. Although, that wasn't passing my mind because I was in utter ecstasy. Everything felt so real and tangible... I was singing into a microphone, which got slippery in my hands when they got sweaty. Even the light beaming onto me made me slowly hotter and hotter. I reached out and touched fans hands, and they wouldn't let go, I could see smiles and sparkles and posters.

Suddenly, I broke from my fantasy. Something heavy and cold fell on top of me, with limbs and soft skin like a person. Without any hesitation, I threw it off of me. It took all my energy and strength to do it, but I was almost to the point of screaming. This thing that had fallen on me, was a person. But I wouldn't scream until I saw it, because it was hard to believe anything in there; even the things I did see.

I shrunk back into the corner, light burning my eyes from the roof. There must have been a hatch or something that the body could have fallen through. It smelt like a trash bin; foul and detestable and disgusting. I shook, hairs standing tall on my arms with goosebumps. I slowly eased my eyes open, adjusting to the light they hadn't seen in God knows how long.

My vision was slightly blurry, eyes stinging and burning. But through it all I could see the faint outline of what I suspected; a body. But I couldn't tell who... My mind reeled, which was a common thing. I was guessing and mentally screaming... I was so tired. Could it be Louis? Or even Zayn or Liam or Niall?

My eyes cleared, stopped burning, my heart stopped.

It was Zayn. Dead eyes open and sullen, rolled back into his forehead. His body slumped and cold. He was naked, blue and covered in bruises and blood poured in lacertaions across his skin. There was a chunk of glass stuck in his chest, covered in blood and dust. This time, when I screamed, I moved as well.

It was louder than ever, and so deafening everything became like a surreal dream. I climbed over Zayn, and up through the hatch. There was no tears, not even shaking. I just howled because I'd used up all my tears, and I didn't have enough energy to shake anymore. Everything was finally beginning to collapse for me. My mind, my body, everything.

I pulled myself out of my room, barely. The exertion made me red faced and wheezy. I scrambled out the top and just ran. I didn't pay any attention to where I was, because knowledge meant fear and I needed all my courage. My feet moved instinctively, and I ran from every single memory and blood splatter and tear and scream and every touch from my lover...