Chapter 15: Forever Young

Start from the beginning

"No. Be patient Harry, I have plans for you."

"NO!! DO NOT LEAVE ME HERE!! FUCK YOU!!"

And then I started to scream again, my throat tasted like blood.

***

My fingers felt something flat and metallic, and I quickly lunged forward, scooping up the mashed, soft substance on it. My hands full, I shoved it into my mouth in a frenzy. I hadn't slept in days, and no food had been dropped until I passed out before. There was no time for me to even chew it, I just swallowed it whole.

I gulped handful after handful of what appeared to be mashed potatoes down. It was barely warm and covered in dirt, but I didn't care. I just kept chowing it down until there was nothing left, and I licked the plate clean of any scraps. My body trembled like a leaf, adrenaline fleeing my veins, leaving me buzzing.

I laid myself back down, shivering and shaking all at once; goosebumps risen on my arms. Everything inside me was dead and cold. All feeling in my heart and body had fled, like I was a walking zombie or just a corpse. I wish I was a corpse. I wish Louis was here with me and we were both corpses, cold blue hands in one anothers limp grasp... Yeah, dead. Together.

I somehow managed to shiver into myself, despite being almost paralyzed being so deeply absorbed by my thoughts. I wrapped my arms around myself, a smile on my face. Louis was with me... I could smell him and feel his always toasty warm skin. His head was pressed against me, lips lingering so close to mine that I thought I might stop breathing.

"I love you Boo..." I whisper, and in my mind he wraps his arms around me like I'm a little child. And I just fall into him. Because, really, I have nothing else to do.

***

Death is the only salvation I could feel. Nothing else can save a broken man beyond repair.

***

I started screaming again, and my lungs were out of breath and my lips were bloody and peeling. My throat, oh God my throat. There are no words to describe the coarseness of my throat. Breathing in and out was painful enough, not mentioning the fact I couldn't stop screaming.

I kept seeing things in the shadows... Flashes of light, colour. Just mirages of images and people who weren't really there. I was somewhere between awake and asleep, I didn't know which one. Even when I opened my eyes it was just as dark as my eyelids, I couldn't tell the difference.

I was like a wold addicted to howling to the moon. The terror in me was astonishing, I was paranoid. Everything was dark and ambiguous. There was nothing but fear and thoughts, which were really more of a burden than an escape.....

Seeing things really made me feel insane. Maybe I was, for all I knew at the time. Everything felt like it was really falling apart and the threads of my sanity were scattered across my tiny concrete room. Along with my heart and all hope of not dying in this hole.

Well, most of it....

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"Thalia..."

"Please," I beg into still air. "Get me out of here."

"I'm not eating anymore, I swear on my life. I'm going to rot away and die and there's nothing you can do about it unless you get me outta here... I don't even like the food you make me. It's terrible. Like hospital food, or aeroplane food. It's gross, really gross." I croak out with a slightly crooked smile.

I actually have to try and not laugh at myself. I'm bloody hilarious.

"Are you going to answer me, bitch, or am I going to die here without you to hold me?"