Chapter 12 - March 29

Meg and Sarah look at each other as Sarah walks into the kitchen, "good morning," Meg says over her tea.

"Good morning," Sarah responds. They were usually the first two up with the occasional addition of Mia. Though if Sarah wasn't working, she'd definitely still be snuggled under the covers. Sarah gathers her lunch for the day and grabs her keys before waving to Meg and walking out the door. It didn't take long for her to arrive at the airport and clock in for her shift.

"Good morning, love!" Sarah turns at the voice of her work best friend, Shawn.

"You are way too happy at 7:30 in the morning," Sarah smiles and hugs her friend.

"I would not be near as happy if I didn't work with you and Destiny," Shawn returns her hug before they both head over to the staff lounge.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Meg likes to take it easy in the morning. She's used to seeing Sarah leave for work in the morning right after she wakes up and maybe thirty minutes to an hour later, Mia will join her and they'll eat together. However, she was not expecting a slightly panicked Selene to practically sprint through the kitchen.

"You good babe?" Meg asks, concerned.

"Yeah, I was just headed to school early to get some work done. I had to max out my hours because of my major change," She explains as she starts the coffee machine and quickly puts a cream cheese spread on her bagel before stuffing it in her mouth as the machine goes off telling her that her coffee is ready. She pours her coffee into a tumbler and mumbles something similar to 'see you tonight' before also rushing out the door.

"Was that Selene who just ran out?" A tired Mia emerges from the hallway.

"Yeah she wants to get more work done. Probably in the library," Meg shrugs and makes her way to her own book bag.

"Interesting," Mia says as she brews her own coffee, "anyway, I have work in an hour and a half, but I should be back around three."

"Okie Dokie," Meg says in a sing-song voice, "Sarah should be back for dinner but Cat has practice tonight so she won't. I don't know about Selene," She adds.

"I guess we'll just have to see," Mia responds. They move silently as Mia finishes brewing her drink before bringing it back to her room as she gets ready. Meg starts work on her psychology project and waves Mia out the door when she leaves. She continues working for almost an hour before deciding she needs a change of scenery. She packs up her stuff just in time for Cat to come and see her off.

"Drive safe!" Cat shouts as Meg closes the door behind her. Meg drives on autopilot before arriving at one of her favorite cafes. The cafe she and Austin used to frequent. She sits in the car contemplating on entering before taking a deep breath, putting her car in reverse and going to a different place.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Finally! I'm free!" Sarah stretches as she walks out of the airport towards her car. It wasn't quite dark yet but it was certainly getting there. She drives back home to be greeted by Meg and Mia.

"Welcome home," Mia cheers from her spot on the couch.

"Hello, hello!" Sarah responds before making her way to her room to change. When she goes back to the other two, she joins Meg in the kitchen while she cooks.

"Whatcha makin?" Sarah asks as she sits down.

"Pasta," Meg responds.

"Yum," Sarah hums. "Cat and Selene not eating with us?"

"Selene is, she's just doing school work in her room.  Cat has dance, like every Tuesday," Meg responds. The two continue to make small talk and it doesn't take Mia long to join in the conversation. Once dinner is finished, the group calls Selene from her room to eat and the four eat in silence, with the exception of utensils on plates. This silence is very loudly interrupted when Cat throws the door open, accompanied by a frantic shout.

"He asked me on a date!"

"Fucking finally!"

oh ho ho looks like we'll finally get some Oli x Cat time