All Aboard!

AAAAAHHHHHHWKFHWOFHWKG
8K READS..

8K??!!?/@-$;-9;!

I LITERALLY LOVE U ALL SM.
ANYWAAYYSS

beginning of mugen train arc ! y'all better prepare urselves >:)
i've been wanting to write this arc for so long, and i'm so happy that i can finally do it !

(edited as of 3.24.24)

WARNING : Swearing

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Before you knew it, everyone had bid farewell to the Butterfly Estate and pressed onwards—onwards to the Mugen Train.

As the estate faded into the horizon, you had tried to convince yourself everything would be okay.

You weren't sure if you should be excited, either; you hadn't boarded a train in a while—so at the very least, you'd get a sense of nostalgia.

Either way, it seemed as if you couldn't offer a sense of calmness to your nerves.

Soon, you noticed Eli sneaking glances at you in your peripheral vision, to which you forced a snicker.

"What, you like what you see? Should I pose, too?"

He perked up in response, turning to fully meet your gaze. You watched as his blue eyes dramatically rolled.

"Funny that you think I was checking you out. My eyes would've burned off by now."

You crossed your arms, a corner of your lips quirking up into a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah.. funny," You sucked in a breath, momentarily halting your sarcasm, "Seriously though, is something up?"

"Uh— (Y/N)-chan, Hugh? We have no idea what you're saying.. you know that, right?" Zenitsu said, who trailed behind the two of you.

"It's annoying, honestly! How hard is it to speak Japanese?" Sōta huffed, crossing his arms.

"Shut it, or we'll force you to walk right in front of Inosuke!" Eli hissed, turning around to glare at Sōta.

"HAH? WAIT— WHY AM I IN THE FRONT, ANYWAYS?!" Inosuke exclaimed, who had overheard his name.

"Dude, we learned from last time not to let you walk behind us. You targeted our damn knees," You shuddered, "You were out for blood..."

Tanjirou dryly chuckled, shooing Inosuke to continue walking, "Let's go, Inosuke. Keep walking, we're almost there!"

Brushing off the rest of the group, you turned back to Eli.

"Anywaaays, so— what's up?"

Eli shrugged, meeting your gaze once more.

"Nothing, really. Just— I, uh.. wanted to see if I can help with the mission. I.. you told me a few weeks back that the hashira would die this mission, right?"

You blinked, surprised at the fact Eli had even remembered that.

"Yeah. Rengoku: The Flame Pillar, will die this mission if I don't do something about it," You replied, somewhat solemn.