In The Depths

BRO I CAN SEE THE LIGHT. THESE PIZZA ROLLS I'M EATING ARE SO FUCKING GOOD.

ta-da! another chapter!

Warning : Swearing , Blood , Violence , Slight Angst

(edited as of 5/20/23)

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

With not much time to process, you found yourself sinking into the swampy abyss at a swift rate. You could hear your heart beat through your ears as you panicked, 'My sword.. they kicked my sword out of my hand!'

The air was lethally thin, but for once, luck was on your side considering Mt Sagiri's air was much thinner.

You spun your head around as the figures of the three demons circled you. You furrowed your brows, preparing for the worst.

'They're.. gonna kill me..!'

As two of them lunged towards you, you barely dodged out of the way in time. However, once you started to swim upwards, one slashed your side with his claws, causing you to let out a yell.

Blood instantly oozed out of your wound, staining the swamp a deep, dark red. You clutched your side in pain as tears pricked your eyes, 'It hurts! It hurts, so much!'

Before you knew it, you felt a long, gangly hand grasp your ankle, quickly yanking you down deeper into the swamp. You bit your lip as you forcibly jabbed your fingers right into both of its eyes.

It screeched in pure agony, loosening its grip on you and causing you to continue swimming upwards. You inched closer to the top with each second, but as your hand was about to graze the surface, you felt yourself getting pulled down once more.

The sudden force caused your side to throb, causing you to wince with even more pain. Just as you were about to lose all hope, a jet black blade came into view, which stabbed the demon directly in its face.

The demon in question screamed, before swimming deeper into the swamp — clutching its face. You felt familiar calloused hands grip your blood-stained ones, which then pulled you out of the goop.

You crawled out as fast as you could, temporarily ignoring the pain in your side. You clutched both your sides and your chest, desperately gasping for air.

Tanjirou immediately took notice of your injury, causing him to crouch by your side, "(Y/N), are you okay?! I'm so sorry! This is all my fault!" Upon regaining your breath, you looked back to him, "No, it isn't. It's okay, I'm fine - really."

You winced once more, before putting a hand to your mouth and coughing. Although, once you pulled it away, all you could see was crimson liquid — blood.

You mentally cringed, before turning to a concerned Tanjirou, "Do you.. have my sword?" He nodded, handing you the sword in question — the dull blade of yours that hadn't changed color.

You hastily grabbed it, forcing yourself to rise back to your feet. You panted as you took a defensive position - scanning your surroundings as well. You also had to take into account that they'd most likely target you, seeming how you were injured.

Not giving you much time to recover, the three emerged once more, lunging for you and Tanjirou. You furrowed your brows, 'Water Breathing, Fourth Form, Striking Tide!'

You gracefully twisted both your sword and body, sending multiple consecutive slashes in the demon's direction - biting back tears from the pain. Of course, after all that, you each were still unable to decapitate the demons. You clutched your side once more, trying to maintain a steady breath rate.