Eyes Opened

u think last chap was bad ?
this is only the beginning. >:)

(for this chapter, everything is back to normal:
Standard - Japanese
Bolded - English)

(edited as of 4.16.24)

WARNING : Swearing , Violence , Blood

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Springing back into reality, you jolted upwards. Your chest tightened as you released choked sobs, your heartbeat running wild within your ears.

You had killed your mom. Again.

Your gaze fell onto your shaking hands, to which you slowly rose. It was as if you could see the bloodstains themselves—though, your hands were stainless in reality.

"Mom, oh— oh fuck," You breathed out, your voice cracking. "I'm a monster— no, no— fuck!" Your sobs grew louder in volume, and drastically more intense.

You buried your face in your trembling palms, frantically attempting to wipe away the tears that streaked your cheeks. You hiccuped and gasped—unable to comprehend what had just happened.

It wasn't before long that the guilt and grief turned into boiling, bubbling rage. Rage at Enmu, who had placed you under the delusion; who had forced you to murder your own kin.

It was just like molten lava ran throughout your veins.

You released a heartbreaking scream, slamming your sword into the side of one of the seats. It offered little release.

You needed to hurt someone; more specifically, Enmu.

Your breaths escalated into minor hyperventilations, as you soon—despite trembling—rose to your feet.

Pulling your wedged sword out of the destroyed, wooden seat, you grasped it tightly; so tight that it turned your knuckles white.

You didn't have control of your body. It was blinded by pure, fiery rage.

You stumbled, your jaw clenched so much that your teeth ached. Your eyes pulsed with complete infuriation—your movements rigid and somewhat robotic.

Completely turning a blind eye to your slumbering companions—along with the children attached to ropes—you stalked past them, heading for the train car's exit.

The urge to kill had never felt stronger.

You roughly grasped the handle, ready to fling the door open, until a small, childlike hand yanked your free arm.

Snapping out of your rage-infilled stupor, you turned, locking eyes with Nezuko. Her brows furrowed worriedly, a ghost of a frown over her muzzle.

She sadly hummed, gently yanking your arm once more.

Breath hitching, you dropped your sword, thrusting yourself back into reality and out of your blind anger. Your knees locked, just before completely giving in.

A gasp slipped past your lips as you cried out, "I killed— I killed her! Nezuko, I..! Enmu, he—!"

In an attempt to offer solace, Nezuko encased your shaking hand within hers—her clawed thumb gently rubbing circles on the back of your hand.

As she wordlessly guided you to calm down, you released a breathless exhale, your bottom lip trembling as you blinked away the last of your tears.

Sniffling, you lowered your head. "Thank you. I— thank you, Nezuko. I.. I can't keep crying like this. I can mourn later."