Sleepover

it's 12 am, and i have chugged 3 whole glasses of milk and straightened my hair on a whim since it's naturally curly.

i.
am.
at.
my.
PEAK.

since i'm feeling so good, i'd thought i'd treat you guys with another chapter! plus i felt like writing so.. it's a win-win!!

『✦』

( edited as of 5/1/23)

Warning : Swearing , Sexism

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Following your arrival back home, you were able to fully relax - for the first time in a long time. You weren't used to it; your body was so used to always training.

Throughout the week of your return, you found that both you and Nezuko had gotten close with each other. Initially, you were extremely anxious - considering you had no idea if she was going to like you or not.

In the end, you had nothing to worry about whatsoever — she practically stuck to you like glue.

Presently, you and the girl in question sat right across from each other. You were each staring into one another's eyes, with straight faces.

You heavily exhaled through your with determination - you were not backing down, no matter what. You were more than committed to beating the girl in a staring contest.

You slowly leaned forwards, whispering to her, "I'm not losing, Nezuko." As you finished your sentence, your eyes began to well up with tears - courtesy of holding them open for a long amount of time.

Meanwhile, Nezuko's seemed to have little to no strain on them. You bit your lip, "That's a demon perk, isn't it!?" You regained your composure, "I still won't back down, though."

The girl hummed in acknowledgment, nodding her head, "Hm!"

As a singular tear glided onto your cheek and onto your leg, Urokodaki had suddenly dropped a pan to the ground, causing you to flinch.

You blinked, more tears dripping from your eyes. Upon the realization of your loss, you gripped your hair with your hands as you groaned, "Ugh! Are you kidding?! I was so close to winning..!"

You flopped to the floor as Urokodaki walked out, "I was so close! But, no! Dad just had to drop a pan during our staring contest!" You met eyes with Nezuko, "This is rigged! Right, Nezuko?"

The girl hovered over touch, giggling from behind her muzzle, before nodding.

You widened your eyes, shooting up from your laid position, "Wait - can you understand what I'm saying?" Once again, Nezuko hummed and nodded, causing you to raise your tone, "WHAT—?! YOU CAN.. UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? HOW COME I DIDN'T FIND OUT SOONER?"

"Hm!"

Nezuko enveloped her hand within yours, before placing your hand upon her head. You cracked an amused smile, "Do.. you want head pats?"

She perked up at this, nodding her head vigorously, making you chuckle, "Okay, okay..!" You started to pat her raven locks, causing her mood to lighten.

Tanjirou then walked into the cabin from outside, however, before he could strike a conversation - you beat him to it, "Tanjirou, guess what! Nezuko can understand English!"

Tanjirou took a moment to process, and once he did, he gawked at Nezuko in surprise, "E-Eh—?! You can? Since when?!"

Next thing you knew, there were three consecutive knocks at the door - aggressive ones at that. Tanjirou perked up, walking over to the door, before gently opening it.