The Great Ice Cream War - Chocolate Vs. Vanilla

guess who's on april break ;)

been spending almost the whole break working on a speech for a state competition, burnt out asf 😭

i've revised/edited two more of the earlier chapters as well, go take a look at those if you want!

WARNING : Swearing

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

With another week passing, you still hadn't been able to see Sōta yet. You begged and begged Aoi to free you out of your room, but she stubbornly refused.

She claimed it was karma for what you did.

However, one day, she suddenly came to your room. She politely greeted Akio, who stood watch at the door, "Good afternoon, Akio!" The man hummed in acknowledgement, "Afternoon, Aoi-san."

She then simply walked up to you, sitting down. You, who was rambling to Hoshi about god knows what, turned your attention to the ravenette. You widened your eyes, "Aoi! Perfect timing. I'm hungry.. what's for lunch—"

She sighed, "It's been almost three weeks, I'm tired of hearing you bother Akio." She met her eyes with yours, "Have you learned your lesson? Genuinely?"

You shot up from your laid position, your eyes widening even wider than before. You nodded your head vigorously, your volume increasing, "YES!"

The sudden yelling caused Aoi to flinch, and even caused poor Akio to jump out of his chair. He peered in the room - his eyes zeroing in on you before hissing, "Do you mind!?"

You slapped a hand over your mouth, before lowering your tone, "I mean.." You coughed into your fist, "Yes! Yes, I have!" You waved a finger back in forth in front of you, "I solemnly swear to never, ever, ever.. sneak out again! I'll take the time to rest!"

Even though you 'solemnly swore', you truly didn't mean it. It wasn't that you were selfish, or just a bitch in general — you just didn't know if you'd suddenly get ill again, right before a big mission.

Speaking of, you had a month or two to get back into shape - right before the Swordsmith Village Arc. At the very least, the kakushi were able to find your sword in the aftermath of the Red Light District.

You inwardly thanked them for that; unlike Tanjirou, you at least wouldn't be going into the next arc swordless.

Aoi spoke up once more, "Promise me that you're feeling completely better." You immediately launched your pinky out, intertwining yours with hers, "Pinky promise."

She blinked, "Er- what?"

You also blinked, before realizing almost immediately after, "Oh, sorry! Pinky promise! That's what I said." She squinted her eyes at you, scanning your face to see if you were lying. After determining you weren't, her features softened, "Okay. If you want to, I'll allow you to—"

"Can I visit Sōta?"

She raised a brow, "Somebody's excited, huh?" You stood to your feet, pettily turning away from the girl, "You were the one who forced me to stay in this room! I have a perfectly good reason to be excited!"

You rushed out of the room, pumping your fists up in excitement as Hoshi scurried after you, "FREE! FINALLY FREEE!! HAHAHA!!"