Eeny Meeny Miney Moe...

(M/N) = Mispronounced Name

*edited as of 6/19/23*

Warning : Swearing

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

You'd been a heavy sleeper for as long as you remember. Besides, back in the modern era, you'd find yourself always sleeping through your alarms.

Following your exhaustion finally catching up to you back at the mansion, you fell asleep on a poor, shocked Tanjirou.

Upon finally getting the chance to get some sort of rest within the past day, your chance was somehow completely ruined by the sound of Inosuke's screams.

As you slowly cracked your eyes open, you had no choice but to listen to Inosuke and Tanjirou bicker, "KAMABOKO GONPACHIRO, I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!"

An irk mark grew on Tanjirou's forehead of steel as he spat back with annoyance, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! WHO IS THAT!?" Inosuke crossed his arms, "IT'S YOU, OBVIOUSLY!"

Tanjirou exasperatedly sighed, before yelling back, "MY NAME IS TANJIROU KAMADO! NOT.. GONPACHIRO KAMABOKO..?"

Finally having enough of their antics, you cleared your throat before yelling, "CAN YOU BE QUIET?! IS IT THAT HARD TO LET ME SLEEP!?"

The two boys each snapped their heads towards you, Inosuke being the first to speak, "AHAH!! (M/N)'S AWAKE!!" You glared at the boar, annoyed, "Yeah, not by choice— WAIT, WHAT DID YOU CALL ME??"

Before Inosuke had the chance to reply, Zenitsu shouted, "AH, (Y/N)-CHAN, YOU'RE UP!!" You flinched from his shrieks, before realizing the position you were in — on his back.

You widened your eyes, "AIIEE!! WHEN DID YOU GET THERE?!" Zenitsu let out a surprised shriek, before accidentally dropping you flat on the ground.

As pain shot through your bones, you seethed, "Wh— why did you do that?! What was that for?!" Zenitsu let out a dramatic gasp, scrambling over to you, "UWAAH!! I'M SO SORRY, (Y/N)-CHAN!! YOUR SCREAMING SCARED MEEE!!"

You sighed, before slowly standing to your feet and wincing. You caressed your pained wrist, mumbling, "Apology accepted, I guess.."

Soon enough, Tanjirou made his way over to you, enveloping you into a brief hug, "I'm glad you're okay..! How are you feeling?" As he pulled back, you forced a small smile, "Could be better.. actually, way better.. but I'm okay right now."

After briefly pausing, you continued, "Are you okay? And, wait.. where's the children, and Hoshi..?"

Tanjirou softly smiled, "I'm feeling fine.. and the children left a little while ago. In the end, it turns out Kiyoshi, their older brother was a marechi. As for Hoshi.." He nodded to his shoulder, "..she's been on my shoulder since. Didn't you notice, by now?"

You scooped Hoshi up from his shoulder, nuzzling her cheek against yours as you reunited, "Hoshi, you're okay!! I'm so happy!!"

Your reunion was quickly cut short upon the sound of footsteps swiftly coming your way, followed by loud, obnoxious cackling.

You turned your head; lo and behold, there was Inosuke charging straight towards you. You let out a surprised gasp, before just barely evading him.

Tanjirou stormed over to Inosuke, lightly hitting him on the top of his head, "Inosuke! Will you leave her alone?! She's injured enough, already!"

You twitched an eye, before angrily pointing a finger at him with your uninjured hand, "SERIOUSLY! HOP OFF MY DICK!"

Inosuke froze, before bursting into his hysterics once more, "HAAH?! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! TEACH ME, (M/N)!!" You furrowed your brows, an irk mark appearing, "THAT'S NOT MY NAME, IT'S (Y/N)!"