Six In The Morning

i know it's getting super repetitive with the thank yous and all.. but again,

THANK YOU SOO MUCCH FOR ALL THE LOVEEE !/&2):92&:"('

(edited as of 8.15.23)

WARNING : Swearing , Violence , (?)Blood

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Soon enough, you, along with Tanjirou, Inosuke and Sōta, began your rehabilitation training. With the four of you out of the room, this left Zenitsu and Eli alone.

For some strange reason — they were like a mirror to Eli's and Sōta's relationship; all they could do was bicker.

Zenitsu tilted his head back, groaning in annoyance, "Waaghh! It's so boring, when is everyone coming back?!" He then cupped his cheek, "Especially (Y/N)-chan... I miissss heeerr!~"

Eli picked at his fingernails, sarcastically retorting, "What am I, chopped liver? Huh? Or wait, my bad.. you must be too intimidated by my normal size limbs."

Zenitsu twitched his eye, before yelling out, annoyed, "STOP MAKING JOKES ABOUT MY LIMBS!! I ALMOST DIED, YOU KNOW!? IT'S TRAUMATIC!!"

Eli laughed into his fist hysterically, "PFFFT! I CAN'T HELP IT! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE FRESH OUT OF KINDERGARTEN, MAN!! BWAHAHA!!"

An irk mark appeared on Zenitsu's forehead as his annoyance turned to irritation, "YOU KNOW I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, YOU SMALL BRAINED EXCUSE OF A MAN! WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!"

Eli chucked one of his pillows at Zenitsu, in an attempt to shut him up, "NOT MY PROBLEM YOU ONLY SPEAK ONE LANGUAGE!! PLUS, ONCE YOU CAN FINALLY GROW YOUR LIMBS, THEN WE CAN TALK AS IF WE'RE EQUALS!"

Zenitsu just barely caught the pillow, before whipping it back in Eli's direction, "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT, STOP MAKING JOKES ABOUT IT!! I'M SUFFERING, HUGH! I HAVE TO TAKE SUCH BITTER MEDICINE!!"

Eli scoffed, catching the pillow and throwing it back at Zenitsu, "GOD, YOU'RE SO OVERDRAMATIC! ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME?! YOU'RE JUST LIKE A TODDLER!"

Zenitsu then whipped it at Eli with full force, "SHUT UP, SHUT UP!! I HAVE A GOOD REASON ON WHY!! I BET IF YOU HAD TO TAKE IT, YOU'D REACT THE SAME WAY!!"

Eli fired back, "NUH UH!" To which Zenitsu immediately snapped, "YUH HUH!"

"NUH UH!!"

"YUH HUH!!"

"NUH UH— AGH!"

Zenitsu's and Eli's back and forth quickly got interrupted by the door slamming open, before you, Tanjirou, Sōta and Inosuke miserably trudged in.

Zenitsu's face immediately paled, as he appeared to look mortified as you all dragged your feet like zombies, "G-Guys?! Wh— What happened?! What's wrong!?"

Eli then chimed in, sighing relievedly, "Fuck, man.. finally! You're all back! I'm not stuck having to tolerate this nincompoop anymore!"

Zenitsu immediately retaliated, "STOP CALLING ME THAT, GOD DAMN IT!!" He then faced the four of you once more, "What happened?! Why are you all acting like you're zombies?!"

You merely stared back at him — your eyes half drooped as you let out a groan. You then stumbled over to your bed, your body aching as you mumbled beneath your breath, "Why can't my blood heal me now.. of course it only happens.."