Chapter Sixty-Nine

The night went by kind of smoothly. They did wake up for food once Andrew had finished cooking. He made Carina eat some... even if it was a child's portion, he sorted out her tablets and served them to her at the same time.

After changing both of their bandages he left the couple sleep in piece.

The morning rolled around, Maya was first awake. All night, if she made the slightest movement Carina would grab a hold of her and refused to let go... meaning her bladder was now very very full and felt like it was about to burst.

Maya just about managed to peel herself away from Carina replacing her body with her pillow. She quickly ran into the bathroom and released her bladder.

After a freshen up, brushed her teeth and hair, added some spray she quietly made her way out to the kitchen.

She found Andy sat up on the counter eating a tub of strawberries, "Morning" Andy sang.

"You're happy today"

"Hmm... I am" Herrera smirked.

Maya walked over to her and took a few strawberries off her, "I take it someone got laid?" She asked with an eyebrow raise.

"I believe all four of us did"

Maya rolled her eyes and poured herself some coffee, Andy jumped down and held onto her best friends arm. Her silliness turned serious, "How are you doing?"

The blonde shrugged, "I'm okay. Carina is finally sleeping, I haven't been able to leave her side since it happened... I'm not complaining but.... I'm worried Andy" Maya sighed, "I'm worried how this has effected her mentally. I know she's strong, I know she's brave and I know she's amazing but..."

Andy looked at her with a understanding smile, "She'll be okay Maya... like you said, she's strong. It will just take some time"

"Yeah" Maya breathed.

"But" Andy spoke again, "I asked how you were, how are you Maya? Honestly"

Maya let out a little breath and put on a forced smile, she looked at her best friend "I'm fine, I'm good"

Andy gave her the look, "Don't lie to me Bishop, I think you forget I can read you like a book"

"I'm fine honestly Andy. I need to be the strong one here... I need her to be able to count on me... I can't be emotional or scared... not right now"

In sync both of their phones buzzed, "Emmett" Maya whispered.

"Shit" Andy groaned, "Fucking Dixon is on his way over"

Right on cue there was a knock at the door, seconds after Carina screamed for Maya.

Maya quickly rushed to the bedroom door and opened it slightly, she turned to face Andy with a face full of panic.

"What do you want me to do to Maya?" Andy asked, "I'll try and get rid of him"

Maya whispered "thank you" and walked into the bedroom. Carina was screaming in her sleep, Maya climbed on the bed next to her and wrapped her arms around her. "Hey hey, Carina baby it's me, baby it's okay" Maya soothed, "It's Maya baby, wake up"

Carina suddenly shot awake and started panicking, her breath shallow.

Maya placed her hand on Carina's lower back, but it made her jump and push Maya away.

"Carina" Maya soothed, "Carina it's me" she placed her hand on Carina's lower back again, this time she didn't jump.

"Carina" Maya repeated softly, "I'm going to hold you okay, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you"