Chapter Five

Andy woke up to another strange woman leaving their apartment, Maya stood half dressed in the kitchen.

"Maya" Andy sighed "That's the third random woman to leave this apartment this week. Do you even know this ones name?" Andy questioned.

"Carly? Kayleigh? Or maybe it was Courtney, I'm not sure" Maya shrugged sipping on her coffee.

"What's going on Maya?" Andy asked giving her sympathy eyes "what happened with Carina? She hasn't worked the PRT in over a week, I thought you two really hit it off?"

"Nothing happened" Maya said with a slight bit of attitude. "It was just sex okay? That's all it was"

"Sure didn't look like just sex to me"

"It was, I don't need a girlfriend" Maya hissed walking back into her bedroom, leaving Andy alone in the kitchen.

The walk to work was slow and awkward, "So... what are you going to do about Gibson?" Andy asked nervously.

"I've sorted it with the chief" Maya smiled slightly.

******

"Gibson my office now" Maya said sternly shouting out of her office door.

Gibson slowly walked down the stairs from the beanery, hands in his pockets. He walked into Maya office with a smug smile on his face.

"Here are your transfer papers, you're moving to 23" Maya said blankly handing Jack the papers.

"No, no I'm not" he shook his head laughing at the idea.

"Yes you are, I have already cleared it with the chief, you start there in.... An hour" Maya smiled smugly looking at her watch.

"Maya you know I am way to good for 23, they're... they're a joke"

"For Starters its Captain, and secondly, if you're so good and they're so bad, then make them better." She smiled. "Dismissed, you'd better get moving Gibson"

Just as Gibson left the station the klaxon went off, the rest of the team ran to the barn loading into the engines.

"Why is Gibson walking away?" Miller asked with a confused look.

"He no longer works here"

"Uh what?" Millers leaned forwards glaring at the captain.

"He failed to listen to a single order he was given, he was a danger to us, he was a danger to you. He now works at 23" Maya said Bluntly before looking at her tablet, "House fire, unknown ignition point, no casualties to report" Maya announced just as they pulled up to the scene.

"Herrera, Montgomery, get a hose on those flames. Hughes, Miller search and rescue, Ruiz get that gas line turned off!" Maya ordered making everyone run off to do their respected jobs.

"Warren, get ready! I don't know what we're expecting!"

"Bishop!" Maya turned around to see Ryan "Tanner, what's going on? Do we have any casualties?"

"The neighbours said a family live here, mother, father, a little boy and a teenage girl. None have reported. Their car is there though" Maya gave him a head nod.

"Bishop to Hughes"

"Go ahead cap"

"We may have a family inside. Mother, father, a male child and a female teen"

"Copy that cap, no reports yet"

"Bishop to Ruiz"

"Ruiz here"