Chapter Sixty-Seven

Andy, Ryan and Andrew waited patiently for the couple to wake up. Andrew paced the room, every now and again he would pick up Carina's notes and read through them... not like anything had changed.

The couple slept for about six hours until Carina started to open her eyes. Her face was smushed in Maya's armpit, she was about to move her head until she heard footsteps in the room. Out of fear she stayed where she was but clutched onto Maya as tight as she could. The tightness caused Maya to wake up from her slumber.

Maya slowly started to open her eyes, a dark figure appeared in front of her. She tensed her body up and gripped onto Carina, forcing her eyes shut again.

"Hey Maya, it's me, Andrew" The Italian brother whispered softly. "It's Andrew, you're okay"

Carina slowly turned her head at her brothers voice, she slowly opened her eyes and said something in Italian.

Andrew laughed quietly and replied. Carina's grip on Maya loosened, she reached for Maya's hand and interlocked their fingers.

"Bambina?" Carina whispered to Maya.

"Hmm?"

"You can stop squeezing me now bella. It's Andrea bambina"

Maya's eyes slowly crept open as she let out a yawn. She wiped her eyes with her free hand and looked up at Andrew, a soft smile appeared on her face.

"Andrew" Maya whispered.

"Yeah it's me" He smiled, "Andy and Ryan are here too"

Maya looked over to the corner of the room where Andy was sitting on Ryans lap. Andy offered them a soft smile and slowly stood up and walked over to them.

Andrew moved around the bed and sat on Carina's side whilst Andy sat on Maya's.

"I know it's a silly question... but how are you guys?" Andy asked softly.

Maya let out a sigh, "Okay I guess"

Carina licked her lips, "So thirsty" she mumbled.

Andrew reached into a bag on the floor, "I brought you guys some snacks and drinks. I have orange juice, water and some coke?"

"Orange juice please"

He pulled out the little bottle and opened it, he handed it to Carina who took a big gulp before pouring some in Maya's mouth.

"Ryan" Carina whispered.

"Yeah?" He stood up and walked to the edge of the bed.

"Who were they? The gun men"

He let out a little breath and gave them both a sympathetic smile. "The two that were attacking you... a 16 year old boy called Josh Reynolds, we only knew that because we found his ID on his body... the other guy was a 46 year old... Samual Johnson, he used to work at Gr-"

"Grey Sloan" Andrew interrupted "Well before when it was Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital"

Carina shot Andrew a look, "Lo conoscevi?"

Andrew let out a groan, "Sí, I briefly did"

"You knew him Andrew?" Ryan asked.

"When I first started working at Grey Sloan... I heard a few rumours about him.... And not good ones"

"Like?" Andy asked

Andrew looked at Ryan for him to talk, "He has a record, which he somehow lied about when he was a doctor at Grey Sloan... that's how we ID'd him originally by his finger prints", Ryan pulled out his iPad and handed it to Maya and Carina. "I shouldn't be showing you this but you should read it yourself"