Chapter Forty-Two

Andy and Carina returned, Carina holding drunken Andy up.

"Avery are you more sober than me?" Carina asked.

"Why what's happened?" Jackson laughed.

"Andy fell over and cut her arm" the Italian giggled a little "and it's dark so I can't see it"

"Oh god, come here" he held his hand out to help the drunken lieutenant, he guided her to sit over the log "Tanner you got a light?"

Ryan turned a light on his girlfriends arm, "Oh that's a nice cut" Jackson laughed "Carina can you go to my tent and grab the medical bag?"

The Italian doctor ran over to his tent picking up the green bag brining it back over to him. "Ooo that is a nice cut" she laughed.

"Maya's probably the most sober here, she might be better off sorting this out"

"Wait where's Maya?" The Italian suddenly realised her girlfriend wasn't around.

"Uh she's gone down to the water" Miller replied.

"With who?" Carina asked, a little more attitude to her voice.

Miller rubbed his hands together before replying, "Uh Gibson"

Carina's blood pressure hit its limit. "What?"

"Gibson" Miller looked at her confused. "Jack Gibson, you know"

Carina stormed to the edge of the cliff and stared at them, it was dark out but the moons glow lit them both up enough to see little silhouettes. Even though they weren't doing anything or touching, Carina still did not like it. If he made a single move Carina was going to lose her shit with him and she would not hold back.

— Rewind ten minutes —

Maya stood up and walked over to Jack, "Jack, let's take a walk"

Jack looked up at Maya nervously "Okay" he nodded.

"Miller watch the fire"

Jack and Maya walked down the path to the lake in a awkward silence, surprisingly Jack kept his distance.

Once at the bottom Maya picked up a few flat pebble and threw them into the water watching them skip across the top.

"Jack what's going on?" Maya asked.

"What do you mean?" He shrugged then threw a rock to try and beat Maya's previous score.

"You've been acting weird since the game, since that one question" Maya continued throwing the little pebbles.

"Nothings wrong Maya, I don't know what you're talking about" he shrugged getting a little defensive.

Maya sighed and threw the remaining pebbles on the floor, "You haven't had sex since me have you?"

"Not that that's any of your business" Jack scoffed slightly.

"Jack you declared you love to me then tried to make out with me, we never spoke about it after" Maya shouted a little loudly.

"Yes I'm and happy that we never did" Jack argued back.

Maya let out a deep sigh "I don't want to argue with you Jack but..."

"But what Maya" he snapped.

"Do you still love me?" Maya point blank asked.

Jack didn't reply, he picked up a few more pebbles and threw them at the water, a lot more aggressively this time.