Chapter Two

Carina walked Andrew back to the hospital, by the looks on his hand it could be broken, the cuts definitely needed cleaning up. The siblings walked into the ER and were greeted by Dr Bailey. "DeLucas's, why are you back here?" She asked.
"Is Link here?" Andrew asked showing Bailey his hand.
"What is it with you men and fighting? I'll page him, go to bed two" she laughed then walks off.

"So you and Maya?" Carina asked "what's that about?"

"Oh nothing, I've helped her out with... with some personal issues" he answered hesitantly

"With her papa?"

Andrew looked at her confused. "Well you only punched him after he mentioned him" Carina shrugged.

"Okay yes with her papa but that's all I'm saying Carina. It's not my place to talk about it" he smiled.

Link had a look at Andrew's hand "Well it's not broken but those cuts are pretty deep. I'm guessing his tooth caught you. I'll get Avery to stitch them up."

"Thank you" Carina smiled.

"So who did you punch?" He laughed.

"Gibson... the firefighter" Andrew sneered.

"Well I hope he deserved it" Link gave them a final nod before leaving.

—-

Andy walked Maya to the station but Maya told her to go home. She just wanted to be alone right now.
Maya walked into her office before falling onto her chair, her head in her hands on the desk. She let out a sob, and before she knew it, her eyes were filled with tears, her face soaking wet. She let all her emotion out, there was no holding back.

"Get a grip Maya" she said to herself. "Stop spinning. Eyes forward". Maya tried to focus on the work she had to do, she tried for over and hour but in the end she decided to head to the gym. She got on the treadmill and started running and running. The speed getting faster and faster.

She looked up at her watch, she had been on there for over an hour, just running.

Running was her safe space, her stress reliever, which is quite ironic considering her dad forced her run and now she is running because of her dad.

After a good two hour workout she headed back down to her office. There was no avoiding the work that had to be done, even if it meant staying up all night to do it. 5am rolled by and Maya was still at the station. She finally decided that she had done enough work and headed home.

She was not looking forward to the next shift, knowing Jack would be there made her anxious. She was Captain, she was in charge but even being able to punish him made her feel hurt.

She hopped into bed looking at her phone one last time. There was a text off Andrew

Andrew - Hope you're okay Maya.

Maya - Yeah I'm okay. Thank you Andrew :)

Andrew - No worries at all. Call me if you need me.

Maya - how's the hand?

Andrew - It's fine, not broken. Have a few stitches though.

Maya - that's good news. Night Andrew

Maya woke up to her alarm going off, it was 8:00am.
She groaned wishing she's slept more. She rolled out of bed and headed straight for the shower. She had a quick brisk shower before making a smoothie and heading to work. Today was the day she would have to face Jack. She wasn't sure how this was going to work out.

She pulled up parking her car. There was a knock on the window "Andy hey"

"Hey cap.... How you doing?"