˚SIDESTORY - Julius, the Cartoon Cat˚

You were laying down on your bed, mindlessly scrolling through your phone. You weren't looking for something specific, you were just REALLY bored.

It was Saturday, 08:00 PM and you had just eaten dinner.

You shuddered at a breeze that blew into the bedroom and you looked at your open window, making a face. It had really become fall now, huh?

Hopping out of your bed, you went up to the window and closed it.

And at the same time, you heard light but slow footsteps in the hallway. You turned your head to the closed door and gave a smile. You went up to and opened it.

Cat stretched, he was taller than usual. He was now around 7 feet, his head almost hitting the ceiling. It was common that he came home taller when he had been out eating, you guessed it was a thing he did to scare his "prey".

"Hi there, welcome home," you said softly, leaning on the doorframe and giving him a smile.

Cat gave a faint wave with dull eyes, he made an attempt at a smile but it looked a little bothered.

"Hey beautiful...~" he said lightly and tiredly, stretching out his arms and pulling you into a close hug. He closed his eyes and rested his head on you.

You raised an eyebrow, looking up at the tall cat.

You waited for him to say anything, he was usually in a great mood after having killed humans - though not this time apparently. He didn't smell like blood either, and you wondered if he had even killed anyone.

"Uuu... Cat?" you looked up, giving a frown. "You okay?" you asked softly.

He sighed loudly, opening his eyes and giving a complaining groan.

You tilted your head, pulling away from his hug and looking up at him. He was hunched over slightly, his ears were droopy and his tail swung around like crazy. You folded your arms.

"What's wrong?" you folded your arms, giving a concerned look.

"Mehh... It's nothin', jus' had a bad day..." he hummed, shrinking down to his normal height and shrugging. You raised an eyebrow.

"Cat, what's wrong." you demanded, frowning.

He gave a light exhale, putting on a smile and strutting into the living room.

"Pshhh, I promise It's really nuthin', ya worry too much Mousey!" he laughed, spinning around the room.

You went up to him, stopping his spinning by grabbing his shoulders. You gave a warm smile.

"Y'know you can always talk to me, right?" you tilted your head, rubbing his shoulder as comfort.

Cat's energetic look slowly switched into a bothered expression. He bit his tongue, he seemed to think about whether to tell you or not.

You bent forward and give him a kiss on the cheek, he blushed and looked a little more relaxed. You smiled.

Cat gave a heavy sigh, hunching down slightly and rubbing his eyes. He then scratched the back of his head.

"It's my creator's birthday today" he stated simply, exhaling slightly and glancing away.

You let go of his shoulders, blinking a few times. You then realized that his creator probably was dead, as Cat was around 80. You made a face.

"I'm so sorry... I don't know how it feels to miss someone like that..." you looked down on the floor, and you were about to hug him when he suddenly laughed.

"Oh! I don't care about that, I hate 'im!" he chuckled, you gave a surprised flinch.

Cat's tail swooshed around, he gave a slight smirk.