˚SIDESTORY - Isabelle˚

**TW: THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS DEPRESSION, ABUSE, AND DISCRIMINATION.**

You hummed, sitting at the table in your previous living quarters - tapping away at the laptop in front of you. Another report was to be written, though it was a shorter one because of your new work schedule. You had an hour till you would end, but it felt much longer. Though the thought that Isabelle would be with you any minute made it easier.

And soon enough, the familiar creaking sound of a door being open could be heard. You turned your head slightly, giving a soft smile to Isabelle.

She gazed at you, giving a weak smile before closing the door behind her.

Bella went up and sat in front of you, laying her head on the table without a word.

You frowned, gazing at the blue-haired girl.

"Hi Bella!" you tried to greet her cheerfully, though she remained motionless and quiet on the table.

It was silent for a few seconds before you spoke up again.

"Isabelle, is everything okay?" you asked, tilting your head with a sad expression.

She looked up at you with tired eyes, the friendly grey color you were used to was exchanged for a dull one.

"What do you do, when everything feels so meaningless?" her voice was hoarse, she looked so unemotional - though you still felt like she could burst into tears at any moment.

You widened your eyes.

"What?" you stammered, taken aback by her melancholy words.

She sat up, looking you directly in the eyes.

"I just..." she tried to get something out, just to end up staring at the table.

You sat in silence, she seemed to be so sad.

"Isabelle, are you okay?" you placed a hand on her shoulder, gazing at her.

She stared at the table for a few more seconds, before she looked up at you again.

"No" Bella whispered, closing her eyes.

It was quiet.

"What's wrong?" you uttered softly, stroking her shoulder as comfort.

"Nothing's wrong I just..." she stuttered, gesturing with her hand.

She stared, looking thoughtful.

You smiled at her.

"You can tell me anything" you took off your hand from her shoulder, leaning forwards a bit.

"I'll be here for you, I promise. You can always talk to me or Andy about anything" you nodded, giving her a slight smile.

She gazed at you for a few seconds.

"I don't know if I have told you this before, but... ehm..." Isabelle seemed to struggle, her eyes switching from place to place.

She exhaled.

"I have depression" she looked up at you with stern eyes, fiddling with her fingers.

You raised your eyebrows.

"Really?" you tilted your head, careful as to not make her even sadder.

"Yep" she sighed, scratching the back of her head.

You sat silent, waiting for her to tell more.

"Well, I..." she sighed again, shaking her head.

"I got it when I was 15 I think" she rubbed her forehead.