。˚ Chapter 10 - Warmth ˚。

You and Cat were going through the corridors of the facility, the nice atmosphere that been created when he stood up for you was still flowing in the air. You had not met any other employees, which was a good thing in your opinion.

Cat was strutting beside you, he seemed to be in a good mood. You smiled lightly. A mild sound could be heard, it was harmonic and merry. You looked at Cat, who was the source of the sound. He was humming on a familiar melody, you had heard that song before.

"What are you humming on?" You asked, curious of the music's origins.

Cat looked at you, a little surprised that you didn't know the song by name. He decided to sing the lyrics to give you a hint:

"Little bitty pretty one~ Come on and talk-a to me!, Lovey-dovey lovey one, Come sit down on my knee~" Cat sang joyfully, knowing the lyrics by heart.

The song that he sang suddenly came to you, it was called: Little Bitty Pretty One, it was made by Thurston Harris. It was an old song from 1957, being popular through the late 1950s.

"Oh! I've heard that before" You smiled slightly and Cat chuckled:

"Who hasn't? It's real catchy!" Cat continued humming all the way to the living quarters.

You two sat at the dinner table in the staff room, with you having to study his "cryptic" ways of life all day, you never got to leave his side unless the foundation told you so. It was a little tiring following him around you had previously thought, but you and he had established a nice friendship. And you didn't feel so uncomfortable around him anymore. Now you were just supposed to "gather data", at least that was what your schedule told you. You two had been sitting in comfortable silence for a short while, and you came to think of the song previously mentioned:

"Hey, where does that song come from anyway?" You couldn't remember where you knew the song from, so you wanted to know if it came from a movie or something.

"Uhhhh... The person that wrote it? It's kind of ev'rywhere if ya didn't recon" Cat leaned back on his chair, folding his arms.

"Well, it WAS everywhere" You tilted your head, narrowing your eyes.

Cat looked confused.

"It was everywhere in like... the 1960s?" You shrugged.

"Is that long ago?" Cat gave an unsure smile.

"Cat, it was like 60 years ago. So yes, quite a while" You giggled a little at his obliviousness to the current year.

"Geez! Time sure flies when yer havin' fun, I suppose" Cat scratched his head, laughing quietly.

You tilted your head.

"What do you mean?" You leaned with your arms at the table, with your back hunched over.

He seemed to debate whether to tell you or not, and once again he decided to share personal information with you.

"I'm quite senior, Mousey! About..." Cat counted on his fingers, he seemed a little puzzled.

"I was first created in 1939, so about... 82 years? 83?" He laughed a little, his tail swooshing behind him. "Though I haven't aged In'a while"

You raised your eyebrows:

"Oh, really?" You uttered, a little startled.

"Well... TECHNICALLY yes, I was created in 1939, but I first came alive in 1948. So yeah... Still old. Heh." He shrugged.

You stared with big eyes, wanting him to elaborate.

Cat understood your stare and paused. He didn't know if he wanted to tell you about his past. He stared at you with dark eyes, his ears being totally still.