。˚ Chapter 22 - Rooftop-Date ˚。

Everything was bright.

Your world was lit up by a warm and safe feeling, the light that had dimmed in your cage's ceiling had now turned into a sun, embracing your world.

Everything felt so easy.

Living wasn't that bad.

You tiredly opened your eyes, your sight was blurry. Sitting up, you rubbed your eyes and yawned. You looked around your bedroom, you were home.

*Weird ass dreams...* You thought, getting up and doing a stretch. Though... This dream was surprisingly pleasant. Probably the nicest dream in the last 20 years, maybe because you didn't remember anything from the ages 5 and down.
You unplugged your phone from the charger, gazing at the bright white screen.

10AM, Sunday

It wasn't quite as late as yesterday, though it still wasn't early. You had to work on your sleeping schedule, tomorrow you had work after all.

You changed into some casual pants, with a grey hoodie. It has been a while since you had worn hoodies, with them being a bit too big to wear under lab coats. You brushed off your clothes from dust, put your phone in your pocket, and went out of your bedroom to get some breakfast.

You headed into the kitchen, suddenly stopping.

You had seen a lot of strange stuff in your life, but never had you expected to see Cat sleeping on a chair at the kitchen table.

His head was placed in his crossed arms on the table. You couldn't see his face, but his ears were twitching slightly and his tail was wrapped around him. Almost as if he was hugging himself. His breathing was heavy and steady, with his back going up and down slowly in inhales and exhales.

You just stood there, staring in complete silence. Tilting your head slightly to the right, you tried to see Cat's face. Was he actually asleep? You knew he didn't NEED sleep, but you didn't know that he COULD actually sleep. If that was what he did.

You slowly made your way towards Cat, now standing next to him. You stared, debating if you should say something.

"Cat?" You said faintly, poking him lightly on the shoulder. Cat groaned tiredly, turning his head your way. You could only see his eyes and nose, with his big eyes being shut. You raised your eyebrows, he really was asleep.

Staring at Cat, with his calm breathing and motionless tail. You blushed, he looked kinda... Cute.

*Damn it...* You thought, covering your face slightly with your hand. You felt your cheeks burn, and you had an extremely strong desire to take a picture of him.

You slowly took your phone out of your pocket, clicking a picture of him. The phone's screen instantly showed a picture of sleeping Cat, with his head in his arms on the table. You blushed, hesitantly clicking on the heart button on the bottom of the screen, adding the picture to your favorites.

Cat suddenly did a heavy exhale, making you quickly stuff your phone in your pocket and stare at the overgrown cat. His face was now hidden by his arms again, he had just shifted his position. You sighed out in relief, gazing at him.

His fur really did look soft, and then, you got an idea.

*Can i...* You slowly stepped up to Cat, now standing right beside him. You paused before you carefully reached out your hand towards his head.

You laid your hand on his head, gently starting to pet him.

You blushed, staring at your hand moving over his head. His fur was very comfy.