The Bidding - (Action - Grian x Etho)

Magsimula sa umpisa

That just wasn't me.

And even though I know I haven't got a lot

Don't get me wrong, my heart yearns for a mate, but I wanted to pick them. To fall in love with them. To work together to make our family better.

I wanted to be equals, not seen above them as the patriarch or strong alpha male, nor do I want to be seen as the guard and over protective dog toy.

I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

That's basically how we were trained. I have learned how to care for omegas' needs since I first showed as an Alpha. Someone needed to care for those who could care for the children, but I wanted to have a choice. I dreamed of being a beta able to go to school and study to become a scientist or doctor. Or even better, an engineer.

I've been training like a Pavlov dog

It was my dream, but alas, the world had different plans for me.

Let my independence out to take a hike

And society made these stupid classes. I wonder if any omegas ever felt the same. Just wishing to be a beta and be able to do anything they wanted. I wondering if any omegas didn't want to be seen as some baby carrier, even if they were pampered to the nines.

All you got to do is activate my bell

I don't know. Being pampered wouldn't be so bad, and watching the omegas at this "Bidding" that I now was a part of made me jealous. I hated that I couldn't escape this now that I turned 18.

"Alphas!" A voice crackled through a speaker, "You have 30 minutes to go mingle with the omegas."

Oh yay! Did you hear the sarcasm? I do not want to be flirted at and ordered around for the next 30 minutes, but I guess I should just get used to it since it will be my life now.

I walked towards the tent, taking my sweet time as the other alphas rush over in their suits. I rolled my eyes at the idiots who wore suits in the middle of summer. I was just in shorts and a tight shirt, letting the sun kiss my already tanned arms. I wished my first Bidding would have been the winter ball. It was more secluded than the stadium, only the omegas and alphas having a dinner and dance together before the bidding ended the night.

But no, I was at the summer games Bidding.

By the time I made it to the shaded area where the omegas lounged, alphas were flirting and trying to get the attention of any love interest they found appealing. Glancing around, I had no cares for anyone here. Most just want some alpha to play around with for the fall heat season before dropping them for the next spring.

"Hey hottie!" I glanced down at a flirtatious omega lounged seductively on the cushion. Her red hair flipped distractingly in front of her... oh shut up stupid alpha instincts, "can you fetch me that water?"

My eyes follow he hand to the glass of iced water not even a foot away from her, "no."

And I'll fetch you anything you like

Her eyes widen in shock, her jaw dropping as a blush reached her cheeks. I roll my eyes as another alpha, a couple centimeters taller than me with a meaner build, jumped in lifting the cup to her lips as she just giggled.

This is going to a long day.

I just shook my head of my annoyance, pulling up a black mask to cover my face and hopefully block out some of this overwhelming sweet smell the omegas were producing to seduce the weaker minded alphas. I finally made my way over to a corner were not many people were, but my eyes focused on a large crowd of alphas, basically begging for someone's attention.