Ch. 13: 4 brothers, and a photographer

Start from the beginning

I looked at him in amazement. “How do you-“

“You’re easier to read than a book,” he answered my question.

“Can everyone-“

“No, but I can,” he said, answering my question once more.

          I sat there not saying anything, allowing myself to feel the fear of my insecurities rush back. I’d been holding off thinking about this too long, distracting myself too much by being with my friends.

“What people say doesn’t change what you have with him,” Zayn said

“What if we do start officially dating and when people find out, they don’t like me. Fans have gotten so used to Niall not having a girlfriend, and now all of a sudden he is with me? If they don’t like me…if they think I’m ugly…and he starts to see what they’re saying…what if he sees those bad things in me too?” I was getting stomach pains from worry as it all rushed at me at once, the fear, the panic. What if Niall did see all the bad stuff in me after I opened up and let him in? I don’t think I could ever let someone into my life like that again.

          “Niall takes pride in the fact that he loves with his heart and not his eyes. You’re a beautiful girl, Suzan. You just need to take some time to see that for yourself. If Niall didn’t think you were worth chasing, he wouldn’t have spent his holiday doing so. You are good for him. He is a happy person, but he is even happier when he talks about you. And after being in the same room as you guys, I can see it in the way he looks at you,”

I thought about that for a second and said, “Is it bad I still don’t understand why?”

“Why what?”

“Why I make him happy? I mean…” I trailed off not wanting to say it. Not wanting to say I’m nothing special.

“Do you have to understand?”

“Yeah,”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t see it and I want to see it,”

“Do you understand why he makes you happy?”

“Yeah,”

“Why?”

“Because I can look in his eyes and feel safe. And we can kiss and I stop over thinking. Because he makes me laugh and he pays attention,”

“Then why would you over think your way out of a relationship like that?” Zayn asked as he came and sat on the bed next to me.

“Because…because of all the factors,”

“There are factors but they don’t influence how he ultimately makes you feel, do they?”

“No,”

“And they don’t for Niall either,”

          I looked up at Zayn and smiled as his eyes twinkled at me and a grin played across his face.

“It’s that damn stick up my ass, huh?” I said, making fun of myself a little.

“Yeah,” he nodded and laughed.

There was a knock at the door and when Zayn opened it Louis came in.

“And how is Suzy this fine evening?” he asked as he and Zayn sandwiched me on the bed.

“Not bad. How is Louis today?” I replied as he took a piece of my hair and smelled it.

“I’m fantastic. You smell good. You also smell like Niall,”