Chapter 43

A/N: We are so close to 1K views! Thank you so much for everyone's support! I am so excited to show you all the next part of this series--the third installation is *fire* (no I'm not biased)!

Also! I am publishing a new piece called 'ashes & sunflowers'. It's a collection of poems and proses, so the update schedule won't as consistent as this story! If you're a fan of poetry, then check it out!

This chapter is a nice, long one for you guys! Enjoy!

Chapter 43

I have to crouch in order to spin when Eamonn tries to twirl me. He grins widely as I lift our hands above his head, and he spins in a dozen circles.

"Careful," I laugh as he stumbles around.

He blushes and glances to the left of us. He has been looking there the entire time we've been dancing, and my curiosity finally gets the better of me. But I'm surprised when I see that the cause of his flustering is Addison. She's dancing with one of the other young Wolves, her blond hair tied back in a messy half-up, half-down style. She looks exquisite. Apparently, the young boys all think so too, because she has quite the line for dance partners.

I smirk at Eamonn, "She looks quite lovely."

He seems surprised that I have noticed, "You think so too?"

"Of course! Why don't you ask her to dance?"

He stares at me like I've grown second head, "Are you codding me, Amelia? She would never dance with me!"

"Why not? You're friends. You always hang out. You've probably got a better chance than half of those boys there."

"I don't know..."

"Y'know," I hum, "It was you that said you sometimes have to be brave even when you're afraid."

He pouts for a second, weighing his options. Then he nods and his blue eyes light up with a determined flame. I wish him luck as he pulls away and marches up to Addison. She looks down at the little kid as he holds out his hand. She grins and excuses herself from the boy she's dancing with and let Eamonn lead her off to the dancefloor.

I give Eamonn the thumbs back when he grins triumphantly at me.

"Since your partner has abandoned you, mind if I have a dance?" I turn around and see the Oberon Alpha holding out his hand to me.

"Sure," I smile and let him lead me off, "Alpha...?"

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Luca."

"Amelia," I'm impressed as he leads me through a series of steps that remind me of the foxtrot. His strides are long, and I instinctively lengthen my spine and prepared to follow him.

He seems surprised that I keep up with him so fluidly as we turn about the room, "Intriguing, little thing, aren't you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"You seem to be a girl of many talents. Dancing being one," He lifts me briefly off the ground, pivoting on his foot and setting me down with ease, "Charming Alphas and those around them being the other."

"Which Alpha are you referring to?"

"A lot of admirers, huh?"

"You said it. Not me." I can't figure out what he's getting at...or what he wants...

"Adrian, of course," His eyes crinkles up as he grins, "Maybe me too. Depends on how well you can keep up."

I laugh, surprised by how easy he is to talk to. Initially, he had come across as abrupt and stiff. "I think you'll find that my dance skills far succeed my people skills, Alpha."