𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. mind games

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐒𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 ▎
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX  ─── mind games

           THE NEXT DAY the aura around the Avengers Towers had changed completely and nobody seemed to know why, well, other than Tony creating a 'murder bot' that was trying to extinct the team from existence in order to get peace, but that was ...

           THE NEXT DAY the aura around the Avengers Towers had changed completely and nobody seemed to know why, well, other than Tony creating a 'murder bot' that was trying to extinct the team from existence in order to get peace, but that was not the case here at the moment. It seemed more awkward then normal and it was mostly directed at Syn and Natasha who both hadn't said anything since last night.

No one from the Avengers knew what they had done last night while everyone was sleeping, but some had noticed that there was something going on between the two ladies.

Early in the morning they went training to get into shape for the day together, alongside Thor and Steve, and as they trained the super soldier observed them train together doing some simple combat seeing the goddess didn't want to use her powers against the Widow, but the small smile on Romanoff's face didn't go unnoticed as Syn explained some combat moves that she had used in Asgardian battles. It just fascinated her... or was it the person who was doing it that fascinated her more?

Syn spun around, arching one of the fighting sticks down like a blade in a diagonal cut. She grinned slightly and parried Natasha's follow-up thrust, and then pressed into the attack again, forcing the redhead back few steps back before she flowed like water around her, stopping in a wide arc and coming in on the goddess' blind side.

The princess laughed as she side-stepped, ''Not bad.'' She complimented the Widow before she slapped Natasha's sticks away with the flat of her hand as she went. If they would have fought with real weapons, Syn would have risked losing a finger at the move, but she was confident both in her abilities and her opponent.

Natasha smirked, ''You're not bad yourself.''

As expected, the redhead was quick with reflexes and bounded after her. They fought with a fury and intensity that broke the peace of the morning, trading blows and playful insults, laughs and whistles of appreciation for particularly showy or effective technique as they battled.

It slowly turned into a playful fight between the Widow and goddess, it could have descend into something far more serious if they let it, and Syn felt the dimmest flicker of their old rivalry stir in her chest, which gave her a slight spark of excitement. They were both competitive by nature when it came to fighting, although the princess considered Romanoff as her ally, the urge to press for victory was strong.